ronMctubes Elk trophy Hunting guide 2016

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: ronMctubes Elk trophy Hunting guide 2016

Post by JimboCrow »

It would be more interesting if they could incorporate length of call into the equation somehow. Anything to improve gameplay.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yep just a single call is needed.dont waste time calling more than once. ;)
Longmann
Scout

Re: RE: Re: ronMctubes Elk trophy Hunting guide 2016

Post by Longmann »

ronMctube wrote:yep just a single call is needed.dont waste time calling more than once. ;)
Actually we're talking about the call duration, not a number of calls. Still, Wikia recommends to call them in shory frequencies. I'm wondering how long does it last. If Elk Urine Spray is lasting a lot longer (10 in game min), maybe 30 sec in real time?
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Longmann wrote:
ronMctube wrote:yep just a single call is needed.dont waste time calling more than once. ;)
Actually we're talking about the call duration, not a number of calls. Still, Wikia recommends to call them in shory frequencies. I'm wondering how long does it last. If Elk Urine Spray is lasting a lot longer (10 in game min), maybe 30 sec in real time?
You mean the effect on the animal being called? If so, I think I heard in one of these fellow's videos, or read here somewhere, that it varies by species. For example, I think a Whitetail will come to a call for 10 minutes in game. And I think the in game time for scent sprays is 20 minutes. (Yes, just confirmed this.)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JimboCrow wrote:
Longmann wrote:Actually we're talking about the call duration, not a number of calls. Still, Wikia recommends to call them in shory frequencies. I'm wondering how long does it last. If Elk Urine Spray is lasting a lot longer (10 in game min), maybe 30 sec in real time?
You mean the effect on the animal being called? If so, I think I heard in one of these fellow's videos, or read here somewhere, that it varies by species. For example, I think a Whitetail will come to a call for 10 minutes in game. And I think the in game time for scent sprays is 20 minutes. (Yes, just confirmed this.)
As far as I know, most calls will make the animal approach for 11 in-game minutes (don't ask me where that number is from, but I read it somewhere in the forums or in the wiki ages ago). You have to call more often for moose, elk, red deer and turkey, somewhere between every 3 to 6 in-game minutes I think. And yes, scents should last for 20 in-game minutes.
Image Image Image
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

MonacoSteve wrote:Luring antlered species:
A single call lasts ca. 11 game minutes for small and medium-sized deer (roe, whitetail, blacktail, mule). It lasts shorter for elk (ca. game 4 mins), and very short only (ca. 2 game mins) for moose!

Turkey I never checked latey; effect could be a little longer than elk.

Note that also pigs (feral and wild) and dogs (yote, fox) can be acoustically lured; in my experience the call effect is clearly shorter than 11 min for pigs, but pretty much exactly 11 min for dogs.

So, the system has become a little more complicated and differentiated over time.
From here
Longmann
Scout

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: ronMctubes Elk trophy Hunting guide 2016

Post by Longmann »

JimboCrow wrote:You mean the effect on the animal being called? If so, I think I heard in one of these fellow's videos, or read here somewhere, that it varies by species. For example, I think a Whitetail will come to a call for 10 minutes in game. And I think the in game time for scent sprays is 20 minutes. (Yes, just confirmed this.)
True for sprays, it's 20 in game minutes, I thought it was less.
Tanngnjostr wrote:As far as I know, most calls will make the animal approach for 11 in-game minutes (don't ask me where that number is from, but I read it somewhere in the forums or in the wiki ages ago). You have to call more often for moose, elk, red deer and turkey, somewhere between every 3 to 6 in-game minutes I think. And yes, scents should last for 20 in-game minutes.
Good to know which species can't be overcalled.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

ForstHeld wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:Luring antlered species:
A single call lasts ca. 11 game minutes for small and medium-sized deer (roe, whitetail, blacktail, mule). It lasts shorter for elk (ca. game 4 mins), and very short only (ca. 2 game mins) for moose!

Turkey I never checked latey; effect could be a little longer than elk.

Note that also pigs (feral and wild) and dogs (yote, fox) can be acoustically lured; in my experience the call effect is clearly shorter than 11 min for pigs, but pretty much exactly 11 min for dogs.

So, the system has become a little more complicated and differentiated over time.
From here
I read it in wiki somewhere. Moose is inoy 2 in game mins and elk are 4 that I know for sure
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

I put my tent 350m north on the bank of the river to save camping supplies but found if i go west to where i hit the hill on the huntermate, i find a herd of blacktail, then go south usually find a moose or a lone elk then go east to the tower and wait for some elk i can get quite a few animals in less than 15m. My path makes a [ shape.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Just pulled a nice one out of there: 357.873

Return to “Fan Guides”