Howdy

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Griph
Spotter

Howdy

Post by Griph »

[waves upon entering lodge]

Howdy all. New to this game. Can’t believe I never heard about it for almost a decade! I’ve spent a lot of hours in it this week, and suspect I’ll spend a TON more as long as it lasts (and the fact that it’s been here almost ten years gives me hope).

I love the incredible realism of the environments. I grew up mostly in the Rockies. I’ve lived in Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico. Some of the reserves are so realistic, I can easily think I’m out in the woods I know so well. I can almost smell the world around me and feel the sun n my shoulders! Amazing.

I live in the Hill Country of Texas now. But I’ll retire in a few years and head back to northern New Mexico. I still go there for a month or so every summer.

I’ve hunted all my life. For food, so almost always deer of one sort or another. I live on 21 acres out in the sticks, and there are tons of whitetail in my area, as well as wild hog, far too many coyotes, and I see quite a few fox around my place. When I lived in Wyoming, I hunted Pronghorn and moose as well. Never did get an elk permit, but I sure saw lots of them. I miss the sausage i used to make from whatever meat was in the freezer all mixed together. A little sausage and salsa was a great breakfast for cold days out on the range. I used to live near Yellowstone and spent a LOT of time in its backcountry, mostly the Lamar valley and the northern and northeastern areas. I saw a lot of bear. Lots of Grizz in the Slough Creek area, one of my favorite spots.

In my youth, I made many months long horseback treks across northern Wyoming and southern Montana, and through the Mogollon rim country on the border of NM and Arizona. I’ve spent a good bit of time in Navajo country and southern Utah and SW Colorado (the San Juan’s). I guess you can see the Rockies are in my blood and visiting them virtually in this sim is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to many happy hours stalking game in this incredible sim. Glad to finally have joined the club.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Howdy

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Welcome to the club, Griph! :)
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Howdy

Post by ronMctube »

hi and welcome :D
FR_Bugs