Hey y'all

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Hey y'all

Post by SoftShoe »

Howdy folks,

I found theHunter by accident. I stumbled upon theHunter CoTW, bought it as it looked pretty cool & was having fun with it. I then learned of theHunter by accidentally finding a YouTube video done by Hoocairs where he talks about the differences between the 2 games. While CoTW is arguably prettier I was immediately caught by the content available in theHunter. 72hrs later I have already spent several times what I did on CoTW & coudlnt be more delighted!

I grew up in the shadow of the Blue Mountains of PA & 1st started hunting when I was 10yrs old. It has continued to be a passion of mine for more decades then I care to admit. I am primarily a traditional hunter. More often then not you will catch me still hunting with my Black Widow Long Autumn Grey but when the season is in & the whim catches me, my flintlock rifles get the action. Modern guns rarely get much use from me anymore with the exception of coyote hunting or competitive shooting.

I look forward to hunting with y'all, swapping stories & telling lies ;) :lol:

lowby
Outfitter

Re: Hey y'all

Post by lowby »

Welcome to the game and forum SoftShoe.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Welcome to the game. Nice to meet a fellow trad hunter. Black Widow longbows are sweet shooters!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hello and welcome to the game and the forum, SoftShoe. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

8-) Welcome and good hunting !!! 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Welcome to the game and forum SoftShoe! I'm not too far from you myself, I live on the MD/PA border but I'm technically in western Maryland. Small world!

This game is quite awesome and so is the community around it here on the forums. COTW is a great game as well, but Classic is where the real party's at! It's great to see another real life hunter in the ranks-- you'll have to invest in the longbow or some of the other recurves in the game if primitive hunting is your thing! I find the cable backed bow to be super fun in the game myself, but I have some pretty cruddy joints in real life and would probably never be able to successfully hunt with a recurve. Plus I'm short, so that doesn't help (Just looked up what would be a "proper" length recurve for my draw length... yup... that's prettymuch my exact height :lol:)

Anyway, have fun and see you around the forums!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome to the game and forum, and nice to see Call of the Wild is bringing new players to Classic too :)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the community SoftShoe :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

xOEDragonx wrote:(Just looked up what would be a "proper" length recurve for my draw length... yup... that's prettymuch my exact height :lol:
Now you've got me curious. What's your draw length? :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “New Player Introductions”