Hello, Forum People!

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
kayladewi

Hello, Forum People!

Post by kayladewi »

Hey y'all, kayladewi here. First thing's first, I'd like to clear up the username. In game, I somehow managed to misspell my name, so look for me in the Hunter: Classic as kayadewi.

OK so, my name is Kayla. I live in Pennsylvania, which is on the east coast of the United States. I actually live in the Appalachian Mountains, which have their own culture and community. It's actually pretty neat to be from my area. I'm a proud mountain girl.

I grew up fishing with my dad. He tried to get me to hunt all through my childhood. I kicked butt with a .22 rifle when I was young. He was very proud, but I was a softhearted kid and didn't have any desire to hurt a real animal. So I stuck with fishing. Catch and release, of course. :D

Fast forward to my college years: I now hold an A.A.S. in Natural Resources and Wildlife Technologies, and a B.S. in Wildlife Biology. I started hunting about 5 years ago after my education in herd management and cervid diseases. Watching deer die slow, painful deaths as a result of chronic wasting disease is enough to make you appreciate hunting, even as an avid animal lover. I shot my first deer last season, as I waited for an ethical shot. He was eating acorns peacefully by a stream and he never knew what hit him.

My preferred season is now archery. I love the calm woods, and the silence of the land. It takes real skill and patience, as well as preparation to succeed. Archery is a different technique from hunting with rifles, but each season presents its own challenges.

I started playing the Hunter last November, at the persistent urging of xOEDragonx. She now owes me 672+ hours of my life back! :lol: Just kidding. I love the game and I'm excited to see where the team takes us in the future. My favorite features are the moveable stands, as I use them constantly. My favorite animals to hunt are Ibex and geese. The ibex is a dream hunt of mine, and I haven't had the opportunity to goose hunt in life, despite there being ample opportunity here. My favorite map is Whiterime, and I absolutely hate dall sheep. :D They're such a pain!

So anyway, that's enough about me. Feel free to join me on any map I have open, and I look forward to meeting everyone in the forum. I also have a Discord for all my hunting buddies to hang out. Happy hunting!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Hello, Forum People!

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome to the forum Kayla. I'm sure you won't regret caving and following xOEDragonx's advice. This is a great game!

Nice intro. Happy hunting.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Welcome to the community, Kayla. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hello Kayla, welcome to the game and forum. :)

Any advice from xOEDragonx is good advice - she got goats, you know! :P
Image Image Image
kayladewi

Post by kayladewi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Hello Kayla, welcome to the game and forum. :)

Any advice from xOEDragonx is good advice - she got goats, you know! :P
I love her goats lol. I'm actually crocheting her some baby goat sweaters right now. ;)
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Hi Kayla and welcome to the game and forum.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard kayladewi :)
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Hy Kayla, welcome from Holland( as in the netherlands) too !

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the community :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Welcome to the game and forum!
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “New Player Introductions”