A warm returning back.

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Leventthyen
Spotter

A warm returning back.

Post by Leventthyen »

A 20 month departure finally found its way back again. Its been my 2nd long departure since I discovered The Hunter in late 2012.

My last reserve was Whiterime Ridge and I'm looking very much forward to discovering Timbergold and the latest tropical reserve. Although I'm having constant crashes in Timbergold at the moment. (Maybe another installation will be required). I'm again overly excited to be back and catch up on the adventures.

Following my comeback, I just wanted to add some sincere thoughts about this game and my time away from it.

Although I'm glad that now it seems to be all sorted out in my head, I previously felt that I needed a break because of time consuming matters and other subjects that were more important at the time. But in some way, I still felt the need as a gamer to find something new and less time consuming. I've been through alot, played or tried some of the best and latest games.

As for game matters and taking into account the reasons why I did feel like departing, I think that some aspects could be taken into consideration. One of which could be implementing some game mechanics outside of game in web browser for example. Things that a player can do if he does not have the time hunting an average of 2 hours per sitting. I'm really excited about the new lodges and it would be cool to play around with them without entering a game session for example.

Just some thoughts but In any case, I'm really glad to be back in game and with the community as well.

All in all in the end, I did understand that The Hunter is probably the only game that will always be a part of my life.

Happy Holiday huntings to all..
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: A warm returning back.

Post by kevin2106 »

Welcome back! :)

There’s lots of new cool stuff for you to discover that’s for sure! :D

lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Welcome back.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back to the game.
Leventthyen wrote:One of which could be implementing some game mechanics outside of game in web browser for example. Things that a player can do if he does not have the time hunting an average of 2 hours per sitting.
There are some game mechanics now in the website and launcher. For example you can now fill and monitor your bait sites, and you can also manage your trophy lodges. It would be interesting to hear any other suggestions you have though. Did you have something in mind?

It might be worth checking the release history in the wiki, to see at a glance what has been introduced since you were last here. Often a good way of catching up with new content. You can find it here.

Happy hunting.
Leventthyen
Spotter

Post by Leventthyen »

Thanks caledonian blues. The release history is a great help. Now all I need to do is get some lodges to fiddle around with outside of game.
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

you can also visit other peoples lodges in you friends list, just go to your lodge and instead of entering yours go to theres
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

...though technically you can't visit a lodge "outside the game", you'll have to start a hunt to do it. It would be nice (for long boring flights or railroad travels :P ) if we could look at our friends' lodges from the website.

Anyway, welcome back! :)
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back Leventthyen :)

Return to “New Player Introductions”