If I offended anyone, than I appologize. Sherab86

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Sherab86
Hunter

If I offended anyone, than I appologize. Sherab86

Post by Sherab86 »

Today one of the forum users made me realized that I constantly "argue" with everybody, and I do not "show a respect" to more experienced players, while as a newbie I should mostly ask questions. My response below is partialy copy-paste from my answer to mentioned user.

So if I was rude, and offended anyone, than I appologize. This was never my intention.

Part of the reason for "bad impression" might be my bad english I suppose. I never meant to argue with anyone - at leat not in the way I understand this word in this context (so colored by negative emotions). I would rather preffer to think that I discuss with people. And I don't think that their experience obligates me to sitting silent. If I think or feel different way than them, and I'm saying this, this do not mean that I do not respect them or their experience in the game.

I think, that at least accordingly to any forum regulations, I have same right to express my feelings, thoughts, ideas, knowledge as any other user. Regardless of their or my experience in the game. And I do ask questions. I was asking for first payware rifle for example. I've also asked for guides for Roosvelt Elk hunting recently. If I offended any one on the forum, than I was not aware of it.

Firearms brought me to the game in the first place, and realism part is rather important to me. And how firearms are represented in the game compared to IRL is important to me. So I discuss this subject mostly. And finaly... well... I like to discuss with people. :P So I probably use every opportunity to discuss - maybe sometimes needlessly. ;) I'll try to restrain myself more.

But again - if I offended anyone, I feel sorry and I do appologize.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: If I offended anyone, than I appologize. Sherab86

Post by TheSheWolf »

I've only see you be polite and bring good ideas to the table. Sorry to hear of the conflict.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

What are you apologizing for? I enjoy your posts. Did I miss something?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

You should apologize for posting a One Republic video... :lol:
Personal Bests...
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Bear this in mind, and you'll be fine...

Personal Bests...
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

No need from my side. I haven't read anything from you that would require an apology
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Thank you for positive feedback.

Still, if there was one person made offended or otherwise disturbed by me, maybe there were others.

And this is why I wanted to assure them, that this was never my intention and if happened, then I'm sorry.

And maybe I'm indeed a little bit too talkative, so to speak.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Sherab86, I think you might be referring to our conversation, as part of that was said to me ... let me be the first to say that at no point did I ever take any part of our conversation as you being rude, I took our conversation to be just that ... a conversation debating what we knew to be accurate with in our knowledge of the conversation. Also, let me be the first to tell you that as much as I do love this forum and everything it stands for, there are people and situations that come up that despite your best efforts, the conversation will eventually go south and that not everyone is going to agree with a particular part of ones post, this leads to heated topics and the best advice I can give you is to just let those conversations go. Theres been a few times I almost gave up on the forums as conversations I was having with others on topics I know a great deal about had went south an despite my best efforts to curb the conversation, some people just cant let go, even if they may or may not be wrong. I think it was put best, an often will be seen in others signatures ... " everyones entitled to their opinion " (be it wrong or not) an that " this is just a game ". Theres a reason Ive been playing this game for almost 9 years ... but barely has 600 posts. It also helps to remember that not everyone here is an adult, we do have kids here an good luck trying to rationally debate an intellectual subject with a 10 year old lol, but that we also have immature adults here too that can be just as frustrating trying to debate a topic with. Some people will feel very strongly on a topic based purely on emotions ... how do you argue with ones emotion? My best advice to you is just let those conversations go and chalk it up to experience, value their opinion as just that, their opinion and go back to some hunting in the game :). Dont get me wrong, there are a LOT of good people here that are VERY knowledgeable, its also nice to know that the DEVS DO LISTEN here in the forums, thats not typical in the gaming community ;)

That being said, to show you there was no hard feelings with our particular conversation, Im going to send you a friend invite and maybe we can go out and do some hunting together, its entirely up to you :D
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

pirahna590 wrote:Sherab86, I think you might be referring to our conversation...
Actualy I've recived personal message from another user. I suppose that mentioned user could took our conversation as a quarrel. I don't know. Mentioned user wrote to me however in conjugtion to fully another thread.

I personaly had a feeling, that while me and you were not agreeing at some points, we were still respecting each other and had interesting conversation. :)

I've already accepted yours invitation. However I must admitt that while I like to discuss with people, when it comes to playing (also working IRL etc.) I'm rather a lone wolf. ;) Time difference might be an issue too. ;)

Return to “New Player Introductions”