This Could Easily Become My New Addiction

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

This Could Easily Become My New Addiction

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Hi Everyone! I'm a 35 year old male from the US. My in-game name is InvisibleFlame9 but I prefer to go by simply "The Flame" or "Flame" as my game name. I'm just getting into The Hunter as a guest (planning to soon become a member). IRL my interests and passions are many..too much for listing here. For the purposes of this post though I Love nature and everything about it. And I am really falling in Love with this game. This is not actually my first experience with The Hunter. This is an old account that I started in 2012. Initially I was turned on to this game because I was looking for a good hunting game that had beautiful nature to explore and hunt in and this game seemed like the best thing going on. However I was very turned off by the payment model and at the time (2012) the game didn't have nearly the features as it does today. I think there was only Whitehart Island and Maybe Loggers Point if I remember right? I looked at what the game offered and then the payment model and said to myself (No flippin way!) One of the key things for me that turned me off back then was the lack of a trophy room to display and collect achievments. That really turned me off when I first tried the game out. Now there is all the things I desire in a good hunting game and while I still don't like the payment model at all....I feel now that this game DOES give something for the money. I Love this game. I'm having a blast. And I'm willing to pay for it to some degree now. I really hate the 'cost of hunting ducks' after I looked at how much crap I need to buy to hunt them. Hunting ducks doesn't even appeal to me. I'm more interested in tracking down the big game.

Back to things I Love about the game besides having stunning reserves and beautiful places to explore..I Love the trophy lodges and the ability to find a variety of 'Collectables and rare items' in the game. That feeling that you could find things while exploring and not know what that will be. I want to see more of that stuff. I am quickly falling in Love with this game. It's much better these days and not like it was when I first tried it out. It's stunning and I Love nature and especially the ability to roam a beautiful open world.

I'm not a hunter in real life though I Love nature, hiking, and exploring. I actually always had a curiosity and desire to hunt but lack the vehicle and resources to get into hunting IRL...which makes hunting games like this great for me. :)

Oh yah so I don't have a membership yet but can't wait to get one and am saving for that. Got myself a trophy lodge and starting to get some better gear. I had to have the trophy lodge. Seriously that was the first feature this game had to have for me to get into it the way I wanted to and they delivered it better than I have ever seen in a hunting game. I'm a happy camper.

I hope to meet new people along the way and hopefully make some new friends that I can enjoy hunting with in multiplayer. I'd really like explore the multiplayer aspect once I get more familiar and skilled at the game.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Time to go hunt. I'm excited that I entered in my first competition. RedFeather Falls is Calling me. I Love that map! It's beautiful. Has beautiful rocky peaks I can crouch down and stalk animals and I came home with 3 bucks from there yesterday. Something nice to break my new lodge in too. LOL!

Happy hunting and maybe I'll see you around! :)
Seifer
Hunter

Re: This Could Easily Become My New Addiction

Post by Seifer »

Howdy Flame! I haven't played this game as long as some of the others have. I've been playing on and off since July 2013. I've played many hunting games over the years and there's nothing out there that can touch what this game has become. I haven't dipped my toes into multiplayer yet. I kinda enjoy having the whole map to myself ;) I don't care for ducks and geese myself. I really don't care for sitting in a waterfowl blind waiting to blast them out of the air. I don't mind pheasants and ptarmigans though. Redfeather Falls in nice, one of the better maps imo. Good Luck on your future hunting endeavors! :)
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Hello Flame and welcome to the forum.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Cool story!
And welcome back to the game and forum :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back to the game. Glad it finally has the features you wanted. Happy hunting :)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Welcome, Flame! :) Don't worry about the costs of duck hunting, you can always find people with complete setups and hunting ducks in multiplayer games means lots of fun! ;)
P.S. Redfeathers Falls is a great map, but wait until you get the taste of Timbergold Trails or Val-des-Bois. :)
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the community InvisibleFlame9 :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Thanks for your kind welcome everyone! This is more my 'second start' at the game. Initially I didn't get further than the basic tutorials because there wasn't enough to pull me into the game in 2012. But HOLY crap....the game now is night and day better. The richness of features could make this a fun new hobby for me. Yes I am persuaded that the game is worth the cost now compared to what it used to be. I haven't seen anything out there like this and with the vastness and depth of the maps. Everything else I played feels like exploring 'rooms' with trees painted on the wall and at best gives the 'illusion' that there is some space. The maps here though are just gorgeous and it actually feels like exploring open terrain. I Love that walking is 'slow' and it really feels what exploring a landscape feels in real life. I like that you can't run across the whole map in a short space of time. It has the things that make it feel realistic and plus I like that the community is active and they are always adding and improving the game. And the missions and the competitions...it's cool! If the payment system keeps the game lively and active for a long time....that's goes a long way for me. And I like the fact that at least I can get started and hunt and pay over time. That at least 'free' allows me to get my feet wet before I pay. I'm warming up to the payment system given that they deliver a really awesome game. In the early days it felt like an insult to pay such a heavy price....but NOW and what the game has become I feel 'gratitude' for this game. :)
JackRbbt wrote:Welcome, Flame! :) Don't worry about the costs of duck hunting, you can always find people with complete setups and hunting ducks in multiplayer games means lots of fun! ;)
P.S. Redfeathers Falls is a great map, but wait until you get the taste of Timbergold Trails or Val-des-Bois. :)
Oh YAh! Indeed! I can't wait! The maps look stunning. I especially can't wait to hunt on Val des Bois. I always dreamed of seeing the Swiss Alps. And in the game the map looks incredible.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

HooCairs wrote:Welcome to the community InvisibleFlame9 :)
Thanks man! You're video tutorials are very helpful. They really helped me get started. Also I find myself laughing a lot watching you 'casually' picking off your targets while articulating a flawless commentary. LOL I really enjoy your videos. :)
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Hello, Flame! :)

I'm quite new here, but I share with you the feelings about the game and paying system. ;) But the game itself is great. :) Good hunting!

Return to “New Player Introductions”