This Could Easily Become My New Addiction

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: This Could Easily Become My New Addiction

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Sherab86 wrote:Hello, Flame! :)

I'm quite new here, but I share with you the feelings about the game and paying system. ;) But the game itself is great. :) Good hunting!
Thank you! Yah one item that really irks me is the 'scent eliminator' and the differences between the small and big can. I don't mind paying a price for a good game. But it's consumable things like that that clearly you can only buy with real money that annoys me. I think I am going to avoid that item and just use the crocket suit and good strategy.

As an aside, can anyone tell me if the 'urine sprays' work similarly as the scent eliminator. Does it spray on the player or what it looks like (on an object in front of you)? In other words with the urine spray am I getting the benefits of the scent eliminator and then some...or is the spray only working on the stationary location?
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Thank you! Yah one item that really irks me is the 'scent eliminator' and the differences between the small and big can. I don't mind paying a price for a good game. But it's consumable things like that that clearly you can only buy with real money that annoys me. I think I am going to avoid that item and just use the crocket suit and good strategy.
You can buy scent eliminator with gm$, which can be earned by doing missions. I don't think anyone uses real money for sprays if they can avoid it.
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:As an aside, can anyone tell me if the 'urine sprays' work similarly as the scent eliminator. Does it spray on the player or what it looks like (on an object in front of you)? In other words with the urine spray am I getting the benefits of the scent eliminator and then some...or is the spray only working on the stationary location?
Urine spray is used to attract animals to the spot. It provides no scent elimination for the player. It works the same as a caller, so you spray then retreat and the animal will make its way to that spot. The attraction radius for scent spray is 150m and the effects will last for 20 in-game minutes.

You don't spray the urine in a specific way. It makes no difference. Just spray into the air and you're done. For immersion purposes, I normally spray it on a tree or rock or something but it makes no difference.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

caledonianblues wrote:You can buy scent eliminator with gm$, which can be earned by doing missions. I don't think anyone uses real money for sprays if they can avoid it.
Large one you can buy for em$ only. You can buy only small one for gm$. Not only it is much smaller, but prices in gm$ are catastrophic ;P And you can't do all of missions, because many of them require some specific item with you have to buy for em$. So in long term you are paying for possibility to earn gm$ :P But... So it is... It rather won't change.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Sherab86 wrote:Large one you can buy for em$ only. You can buy only small one for gm$. Not only it is much smaller, but prices in gm$ are catastrophic ;P And you can't do all of missions, because many of them require some specific item with you have to buy for em$. So in long term you are paying for possibility to earn gm$ :P But... So it is... It rather won't change.
Fair point about it only being the small bottle. I forgot. I don't even know what size bottles I have. I think it's the 50 unit ones, in which case I must have paid em$ for them at some point. The Smelly Healthy Camper bundle is a good deal for consumables, and includes 10 of the large bottles of scent eliminator. Sure, it requires you to spend em$ but it's decent value since it also includes first aid kits and camping supplies. All things no hunter should ever be without.

As for the missions, there are always people on the forum who will help out if you need a weapon for a mission and don't own it. So technically with this community it's entirely possible to finish all the missions without owning all the required weapons.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:Large one you can buy for em$ only. You can buy only small one for gm$. Not only it is much smaller, but prices in gm$ are catastrophic ;P And you can't do all of missions, because many of them require some specific item with you have to buy for em$. So in long term you are paying for possibility to earn gm$ :P But... So it is... It rather won't change.
Fair point about it only being the small bottle. I forgot. I don't even know what size bottles I have. I think it's the 50 unit ones, in which case I must have paid em$ for them at some point. The Smelly Healthy Camper bundle is a good deal for consumables, and includes 10 of the large bottles of scent eliminator. Sure, it requires you to spend em$ but it's decent value since it also includes first aid kits and camping supplies. All things no hunter should ever be without.

As for the missions, there are always people on the forum who will help out if you need a weapon for a mission and don't own it. So technically with this community it's entirely possible to finish all the missions without owning all the required weapons.
Thanks for the tip! It sounds like a much better deal. My gripe with the small can is that (depending on the mission) 10 uses may cause me to only break even in 'gm$' value. However I will consider maybe the bundle as you suggest or using gms for the small bottle and using only in special cases when the wind conditions suck and I really need to hunt at that spot.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back aboard InvisibleFlame9 :)

Return to “New Player Introductions”