Knutesque times ahead - I'm back for more

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Knut
Outfitter

Knutesque times ahead - I'm back for more

Post by Knut »

I've been absent from game(s) and forum for a couple of years now. Since before the Whiterime release...

After having been fedup with... well, the veterans will know and it honestly doesn't matter... I didn't touch theHunter for quite a while.

But recently I discovered an awesome YouTube channel of a US hunter showing down-to-earth, honest hunting (if you don't know [url=Xhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQOcUD2aFxEjc-_4JJBLYygx"]Randy Newberg and his hunting adventures[/url], I highly recommend to check them out!)

And I don't know what it is about North American hunting vids. While European hunting films always make me want to go out, hike, stalk and hunt, pics of american hunting make me want to play theHunter.
So I went back for a few sessions and found out again why I love this game so much.
And while all the annoying stuff is still pretty much all there (cuogh-currentlyhypedmultispeciescompwithsenselessscoring-cough), I have vowed to not let this distract me this time.
I won't do comps, I will ignore achievements and hunterscore and all that stuff, heck, I will pretty much ignore that this is a game and just treat it the way I would enjoy a hunt outdoors.
Stalk and be amazed, enjoy the kill even if it's not a trophy, embrace the experience. I'll ignore that could've (ab)used the game mechanics to my advantage by not hunting like in real life.

I'll just enjoy.

If any of you guys still know which annoying little bugger is posting here, feel free to pop in on my games and say hello. "chickensushi" is the password as always. I am always enjoying good company!

And if anyone is in for bringing an old-timer up to speed regarding the new stuff in the game, I'd truly appreciate it as well.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Knutesque times ahead - I'm back for more

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Of course I know the Knut, ol’ Dr KA-NEWT! :lol: Haven’t seen you around much buddy, tho I think our time zones have been clashing.
Yes, the game overall has taken a turn for the better, and you know something must be goin right if I am saying it. Alena took over and is now the head honcho (honcha? Lol). You certainly have the right idea, just hunt as you like, don’t worry about all the little things such as comps and whatever. As you know, that’s how I do it. I’ll get with you for a few hunts soon my friend, and we got some catching up to do!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Wait, who is this? :lol:
Welcome back Knut! :D

They have added another ton of content since you went silent. Probably easiest if you check this.

Happy hunting!
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back Knut ;)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Welcome back Knut. Good to see you back in the game.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

I think the last time I saw you, you were 10m in the air dangling from the teeth of a T. Rex.....Ah, good times. :P
Personal Bests...
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Fletchette wrote:I think the last time I saw you, you were 10m in the air dangling from the teeth of a T. Rex.....Ah, good times. :P
I believe I still have that recording, you know... :lol: :lol: :lol:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Hi and welcome back! I'm just getting into the game myself and am new to this forum though after reading your post I can understand your frustrations (if I understand them correctly) about the community and youtube videos. I've read about some of the crap that players experience with random newbie jerkoffs. And with youtube there are some good videos and channels for The Hunter. But there are also a lot of videos of 'gamers' playing it like as if it's 'Call Of Duty' or some kind of first person shooter (with annoying obnoxious commentary to boot) not playing it like it's a genuine hunting experience simulating real life. Who don't seem to have a genuine appreciation for what the game is about but more of a "What's this game? Let's kills stuff!" sort of vibe. Those style of videos annoy me in general and when I play a game like this I want to feel like I'm 'hunting' as much as possible simulating real life and hopefully share that experience with people who genuinely appreciate the game for what it is. Don't let that crap distract you from having fun! It sounds like there are a lot of good people in the community to hunt with aside from the problem annoying players.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

^^nono, that ain't it. The community has always been the best thing about theHunter. It was more the bugfest of that time together with plenty of decisions aiming at maximising microtransactions, while both enjoyment and realism were considered less important. As I said, doesn't really matter now.

HooCairs wrote:who?
Hoo? :D

Btw.: I am insanely impressed with the awesome job you've been doing with wiki and guides etc. Keeping that level of commitment, love for detail and service for the community up for such a long time is truly impressive!

Fletchette wrote:Ah, good times. :P
Good times lie behind us, good times lie ahead of us ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone, it's truly lifting my spirits!
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Knut wrote:Btw.: I am insanely impressed with the awesome job you've been doing with wiki and guides etc. Keeping that level of commitment, love for detail and service for the community up for such a long time is truly impressive!
Oh, thanks! I hate the thought that the Wiki could all of a sudden be incomplete, so I can't stop even if I wanted to! :lol:
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “New Player Introductions”