Sherab86 says hello! :) And something more about me - the new player. ;)

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Sherab86
Hunter

Sherab86 says hello! :) And something more about me - the new player. ;)

Post by Sherab86 »

Hello there!

On this forum, and in theHunter: Classic game you will find me by the name of Sherab86.

Michal (or if you prefer English version - it is simply Michael) is my real name.

By my education I'm palaeontologist. However I'm sometimes reffered as a "men of the rennessance" - I have realy a lot of different interests.

One of them are firearms (however only theoretical knowledge - lack of funds to pratice) and mainly this is a reason I've started to play theHunter - I was searching for most reallistic gaming experience when it comes to modern firearms - when it comes to external and terminal ballistics. While theHunter still is a game and there are ofcourse simplifications, I've found it closest to my expectations.

I have to confece something however. While I'm certainly able to understand fun and pleasure with gives tracking your prey, observing it and so on, at the same time I would never shot and kill any living mammal or bird in real life. Honestly, I don't even fill good with killing insects, however I do this sometimes - being those some pests destroying my plants in the garden, or potentialy dengerous ones (like hornets, at least if you are allergic). This is because of my personal believes - I simply could not take any pleasure from killing another sentient being. I thought I should make this clear with my introduction. This is only me - I don't mean to judge here anyone who think/feel otherwise.

When it comes to hunting, in real life I can, and sometimes I do experience similar feelings (to some point) while going on my "animal-photography" trips. While I've "worked" mainly with Amphibians, with are rather easy to work with, I had also a pleasure to track some Roe Deers and other mammals.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Sherab86 says hello! :) And something more about me - the new player. ;)

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome to the community and the game Michal. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard Sherab86 :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Hello and welcome to the forum ;)
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Welcome to the game!
Nice that you are a photographer aswell ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Thanks to all. :)
DarkHunterXX wrote:Welcome to the game!
Nice that you are a photographer aswell ;)
Only amateur. I have a friend - also amateur, but he is much better than me - have natural talent. ;) Still, I'm really happy with some of my photos. ;)
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Cool,
Can you share some of your photo's , i'm curious :P
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

DarkHunterXX wrote:Cool,
Can you share some of your photo's , i'm curious :P
Well, why not. Only few Amphibian photos, and one half-amphibian-half-reptile (you will see). I had those preselected in special folders for "the bests" ;) Unfortunately all my mammals and bird photos are still in their "parent" folders all over my disc - most of them probably RAW still. ;) I realy like to do photos in terrain, but I don't like that much to work on them when I'm back home. ;P

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

EDIT:

I've searched and added some additional photos. However, especially when it comes to mammals, I do not claim that they are very good. Quite contrary, however they fit this forum so I decided to sher them anyway. ;)
Last edited by Sherab86 on September 28th, 2017, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Sherab86 wrote:
Well, why not. Only few Amphibian photos, and one half-amphibian-half-reptile (you will see). I had those preselected in special folders for "the bests" ;) Unfortunately all my mammals and bird photos are still in their "parent" folders all over my disc - most of them probably RAW still. ;) I realy like to do photos in terrain, but I don't like that much to work on them when I'm back home. ;P

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Really nice photo's, i like the close-up spider and the roes!
Do you have a macro lens for the macros?
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

No, I don't have a proper macro lens right now. I use Raynox converter lens that I put on my other lenses - and have only two of them, kit one (18-55mm) and tele (70-300mm).

Return to “New Player Introductions”