Hello Again From Tombstone!

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Tombstone

Hello Again From Tombstone!

Post by Tombstone »

Hi Guys and Gals,

Some of you might remember me. I have hunted all the deer hunter series and used to hang out at the Antler Creek Lodge.

I have been hunting IRL for 10 years or so and kind of slipped away from the game. Now that I am old and arthritic I am back. I remember a long time ago there used to be a place where you could download the maps and where the animals hung out around. I have some old ones, but they now have new maps and new animals. I need a set of these maps if anyone knows where they are and I need to know what weapon I can use with what animal. It sucks to kill a big one and be called a poacher. :evil:

If anyone knows anything about these please let me know.

Thanks Ya All! :P

Chuck
Tombstone
xOEDragonx

Re: Hello Again From Tombstone!

Post by xOEDragonx »

Nice to meet you Tombstone! Is the deer in your avatar from Deer Hunter 4? I spent a good many years of my youth playing that particular hunting game and I was quite attached to it. Despite my hours invested though, I was never fortunate enough to harvest such an awesome trophy. I believe I did kill a little 6 point albino at one time, but I never encountered a unicorn or demon deer in the game. Perhaps the picture isn't from Deer Hunter 4 at all but it sure looks like a familiar trophy screen and it's sure bring back some memories!

As for the information you're looking for, I recommend checking thehunter wiki. The are a lot of great resources there, including maps of each region and the best locations to find specific animals on said maps. There is also a page with a chart dedicated to permitted weapons for each species in the game, though I admit I often just tab out while I'm in-game and check the gun out in the store. The store page for each weapon has a list of what species can legally be hunted with that weapon.

Animal Maps -- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Whitehart_Island
(Click the icons at the top of that page to see the maps for the other regions. Maps are at the bottom of each page)

Permitted Weapons Chart -- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Permitted_Weapons

I hope those pages include the information you're looking for!
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

Chuck, (Tombstone),
Welcome back, it's been awhile. (too long). Our game has changed much to the better since you last
played,.....you're going to love the changes, more reserves, more animals/birds, etc. :!:
I rarely play MP, but since you're back, I'll make an exception. ;)

Folks, Tombstone has been a good friend for many years, we hunted several of the old hunting games together
for several years and had a great time.
And years ago, he flew out to Oregon from Florida, rented a car, and brought his family by to meet us,...for the
first time. We had a great visit and hopefully now, we can spend some MP time chasing the "Big Uns". Welcome back,
my friend.

BTW, xOEDragonx, gave you some great tips that will help a lot. Check the mb often, you'll get lots of help here,
the folks are great about that. ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Hello Tombstone!

Good to see a new veteran at th.

(Never hunted with Cutch, i know his name only from this forum and his posts ..but here his manner is very positive so i believe you must be ok :-D)
Now offline. Forever.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Welcome back to the game and the forum Tombstone. That's a really cool story about you and Cutch. I hope you guys are able to enjoy some multiplayer sessions together.

In addition to the links already provided it might be worth checking out the release history here. It lists all the releases and changes to the game, so it might serve as a quick way to catch up on what you've missed since you've been gone.

Happy hunting.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Wow. If it isn't ol Tombstone. Really nice to see you again bud. I do remember the the site you are talking about, tho not sure if it is still around. I'll check tho.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Welcome back Tombstone :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome back aboard Tombstone :)
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

xOEDragonx wrote:Nice to meet you Tombstone! Is the deer in your avatar from Deer Hunter 4? I spent a good many years of my youth playing that particular hunting game and I was quite attached to it. Despite my hours invested though, I was never fortunate enough to harvest such an awesome trophy. I believe I did kill a little 6 point albino at one time, but I never encountered a unicorn or demon deer in the game. Perhaps the picture isn't from Deer Hunter 4 at all but it sure looks like a familiar trophy screen and it's sure bring back some memories!

As for the information you're looking for, I recommend checking thehunter wiki. The are a lot of great resources there, including maps of each region and the best locations to find specific animals on said maps. There is also a page with a chart dedicated to permitted weapons for each species in the game, though I admit I often just tab out while I'm in-game and check the gun out in the store. The store page for each weapon has a list of what species can legally be hunted with that weapon.

Animal Maps -- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Whitehart_Island
(Click the icons at the top of that page to see the maps for the other regions. Maps are at the bottom of each page)

Permitted Weapons Chart -- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Permitted_Weapons

I hope those pages include the information you're looking for!
Very nice to meet you xOEDragonx (and all of the other folks!) Yes, that was Deer Hunter 4. Ha! What a great game! I don't know what version that I started in but it was very close to the first on if not that one exactly! After hunting a number of years my old deceased buddy Fred Sleezer came down to Miami to meet me. I just learned that he had died. What a bummer. RIP Fred! Anyhow while he was down here he brought his guns and took me out shooting IRL and we even went to a local hunting outfitter above Lake Okeechobee. The hunt sucked but we had a lot of fun. He is the one that suggested that I buy my Winchester Model 70 Pre64 .338 Magnum. I love that gun!

Iwanted something that would kill anything in North America. All the salesmen balked and tried to sell me the 30.06 but I wouldn't have any of it. (I do have a Post64 Model 70 30.0 now too, but the .338 kicks serious ass!) I never sot anything that ran at all. I even shot a Colorado Elk and it took one step and piled up! It went straight through it!

I tried looking for a picture of us Cutch, but it is lost somewhere in all my USB Harddrives. :roll:

xOEDragonx, thanks for the links. They are exactly what I was looking for. :D

You'all take care. I'll see you on a map sometime. :)

Chuck
Tombstone

Return to “New Player Introductions”