N.E. Ohio Covered Bridges Festival Tour

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
gas56
Outfitter

N.E. Ohio Covered Bridges Festival Tour

Post by gas56 »

On the 14th of October in Ashtabula County Ohio, there is a Covered Bridges Festival Tour that starts in Jefferson city.
Food, car shows, and tents with home cooked bakery items and flowers & floral plants, along the main Jefferson street to start the 2 day festivities in this small rural town.
Maps are given out for more adventurous sightseer's where you can travel in your vehicle to the many Covered Bridges that also sell country homemade goods such as pies,
cookies, skoans, and many different apple ciders to name a few.
My brother & me & our wives took the tour and for the most part you have to plan the whole day driving Ashtabula County to most of the bridges along some scenic rivers that come out of Lake Erie such as the Conneaut River, Ashtabula River, and the Grand River. It's a good Idea to plan to take a lunch break at one of the many nearby towns or pack a picnic basket,.. although the home made goods and cider will keep you content until you find a restaurant. We stopped at the Covered Bridge Pizza in North Kingsville and they have good food there, besides once it was an actual working covered bridge. Some of the bridges were built in the 1800's and some have been rerouted off the main roads just for historical sightseeing tours. This year the foliage was not in full fall color as the warm weather was still present at that time but was still a great way to spend the day traveling the countryside and I really enjoyed the tour. Hope you enjoy the photos.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: N.E. Ohio Covered Bridges Festival Tour

Post by caledonianblues »

Sounds like fun. I visited some really nice covered bridges in Vermont and New Hampshire in August/September this year. I was a bit too early for the great fall colours, but it was still extremely beautiful nonetheless.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Beautiful pictures, Gas!
Image Image Image
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@ CB
What's nice about it is the weather was extremely nice also for motorcyclists (and there was a lot of them) being warm in the middle 70's at that time. Today the leaves are coming in full swing fall color but the temperature is in the low 50's in the day. The leaves changing is just a little late this year.
@ Tann
Thanks, glad you liked them!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

gas56 wrote:@ CB
What's nice about it is the weather was extremely nice also for motorcyclists (and there was a lot of them) being warm in the middle 70's at that time. Today the leaves are coming in full swing fall color but the temperature is in the low 50's in the day. The leaves changing is just a little late this year.
Yeah, I can imagine it's a dream riding in those areas. I would love to tour New England on a motorbike. The problem I've always found in the fall, at least in the UK, is that the rain makes those lovely leaves turn to mush, and you really don't want to encounter those on a bend with only two wheels. New trousers time.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”