Spotting some Roe deers on my holiday

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Spotting some Roe deers on my holiday

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I'm on holiday right now and because i saw a roe deer a few days ago i got out and photograph some of them.
This are photo's from a few days, hope you like them :)
They aren't the highest quality because they were far away or it was in the forest and there was just not enough light. (i only shot photo's in the evening to get a better chance to see them).

Click the spoiler to show the images.
Spoiler:
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Spotting some Roe deers on my holiday

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Great sightings and pics, DarkHunterXX! :)

Every now and then I spook one of them during a Sunday hike in my area - it looks so funny when they're jumping throught the crop fields. Saw what looked like a huge buck just a few weeks ago. In real life, they make my heart jump from joy whenever I see them. In the game, not so much... :P
Image Image Image
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Nice work! Some decent pics you've made there

Allways funny to stalk those animals... (Ik doe dat ook wanneer ik kan (Groningen heeft niet veel bos dus... mja... niet zo leuk))

I usually try to wait for them near their prefered waterhole around sunset. At least that mostly works near the edge of the woods: they eat and sun in the fields and then retreat to the forest when it starts to get darker.

Besides... during the day the forest is full with mountainbikers, hikers, dayfolk, dogs, kids... eh... oh, yeah... I forgot I rather lived in Canada :roll:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Great sightings and pics, DarkHunterXX! :)

Every now and then I spook one of them during a Sunday hike in my area - it looks so funny when they're jumping throught the crop fields. Saw what looked like a huge buck just a few weeks ago. In real life, they make my heart jump from joy whenever I see them. In the game, not so much... :P

Thanks, it gives a awesome feeling indeed when i see one!
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

SPRK85 wrote:Nice work! Some decent pics you've made there

Allways funny to stalk those animals... (Ik doe dat ook wanneer ik kan (Groningen heeft niet veel bos dus... mja... niet zo leuk))

I usually try to wait for them near their prefered waterhole around sunset. At least that mostly works near the edge of the woods: they eat and sun in the fields and then retreat to the forest when it starts to get darker.

Besides... during the day the forest is full with mountainbikers, hikers, dayfolk, dogs, kids... eh... oh, yeah... I forgot I rather lived in Canada :roll:
Yeah it's very cool, i'm in Drenthe at the moment. Yesterday i saw one but he saw me aswell, so i stood there like 10 minutes, he was just watching me and i froze and didn't move at all. After those 10 minutes of waiting he finnaly walked away peacefully and i didn't scare it.

I thought they were deep in the woods when it is daytime and when sunset comes they get out on the fields to eat? Do they really go back into the forest when it gets really dark?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DarkHunterXX wrote:I thought they were deep in the woods when it is daytime and when sunset comes they get out on the fields to eat? Do they really go back into the forest when it gets really dark?
I'm far from being an expert, but as I already said in my previous post: I scared a few of them during midday and it seemed to me they were hiding (sleeping?) in the fields.
Image Image Image
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Pretty cool pictures! And another example of how amazing Gmaps truly is- I just spent an hour going down bike paths (in Drenthe) through fields and woods by some place with famous old world sheep - then I see billboards at this visitor center I can't read so I start translating them :lol: It was really cool! but I should get some work done- tot ziens!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DarkHunterXX wrote:I thought they were deep in the woods when it is daytime and when sunset comes they get out on the fields to eat? Do they really go back into the forest when it gets really dark?
I'm far from being an expert, but as I already said in my previous post: I scared a few of them during midday and it seemed to me they were hiding (sleeping?) in the fields.

Yeah you are right. I'm not an expert either but when i took a walk a few days ago i came across big fields and when i walked near those fields i saw a lot of places where the grass was flat, so deers must have rest there.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Radamus wrote:Pretty cool pictures! And another example of how amazing Gmaps truly is- I just spent an hour going down bike paths (in Drenthe) through fields and woods by some place with famous old world sheep - then I see billboards at this visitor center I can't read so I start translating them :lol: It was really cool! but I should get some work done- tot ziens!
Thanks,

haha yeah our language is pretty hard for foreigners.
Good that you got a great time.
Tot ziens ;)
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Nice pics!

Return to “The Great Outdoors”