Fishing 2017, What are you catching?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Re: Fishing 2017, What are you catching?

Post by Dirtclod »

Hmmmm. Sorry about the image problem. Will look in to that. Yes, the Bitterroot is incredbile. Been a tough year with the fires. Finally got some moisture which laid down the fires. Looking forward to rifle season too. Even won an extra female Muley tag. Never harvested a Rocky Mountain elk or a Muley. Gods country. First year here.

Edit: Pic visable now?
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Dirtclod wrote:Hmmmm. Sorry about the image problem. Will look in to that. Yes, the Bitterroot is incredbile. Been a tough year with the fires. Finally got some moisture which laid down the fires. Looking forward to rifle season too. Even won an extra female Muley tag. Never harvested a Rocky Mountain elk or a Muley. Gods country. First year here.

Edit: Pic visable now?
Yup, nice one!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Dirtclod wrote:My first Montana trout and first ever on a fly.
Just learned to fly cast recently. A 17" Cutthroat out of the Bitterroot river. :D
Nice trout.... ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Beautiful Cutty, Dirtclod. I wish we had them here in NY, it’s a fish that is certainly on my bucket list.
Nice to see you recently learned how to fly cast. It’s nowhere near as difficult as people believe it is, and just about any species can be caught on fly tackle. Bass, pike, muskie, trout, panfish, etc. I always have a fly rod with me when I fish should the opportunity present itself, plus it’s nice to have in the arsenal when it seems nothing will get fish to bite. Now, learn how to tie various flies! It’s only as complicated as you want it to be, saves money, and there is no better feeling than when a fish takes a fly that you tied yourself. You’ll always remember that one ;)
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Thanks everyone.
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Beautiful Cutty, Dirtclod. I wish we had them here in NY, it’s a fish that is certainly on my bucket list.
Nice to see you recently learned how to fly cast. It’s nowhere near as difficult as people believe it is, and just about any species can be caught on fly tackle. Bass, pike, muskie, trout, panfish, etc. I always have a fly rod with me when I fish should the opportunity present itself, plus it’s nice to have in the arsenal when it seems nothing will get fish to bite. Now, learn how to tie various flies! It’s only as complicated as you want it to be, saves money, and there is no better feeling than when a fish takes a fly that you tied yourself. You’ll always remember that one ;)
The cutt was on my bucket list too as was learning to fly fish. Wasn't to hard at all. Now I have another arrow in my quiver. ;)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Caught some brook trout today. Trout season is over, deer season begins. :P
Since I'm camping and can't hunt tomorrow, we're getting up early tomorrow and going salmon fishing.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Cool to see some fellow fishermen on the forum. Got up super early today... Well didn't really get up, went straight after I did a drive on Fastd's server. Nothing like a bit of a workout after not sleeping
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

What kind is it?
Sand, Ragged Toothed, Dusky?
I know it's male....ha ha
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

You are correct a male ragbag (ragged tooth)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”