2017/2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: 2017/2018

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Wow, great pictures. Looks like you've seen more bucks that I have deer this year :lol:

In that last picture, that buck in the middle looks like a giant!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Wow, great pictures. Looks like you've seen more bucks that I have deer this year :lol:

That Buck has definitely gone nocturnal and will probably die of old age or a harsh winter.
But I'll keep trying to get that shooter as long as I can get out there to hunt.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

gas56 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Wow, great pictures. Looks like you've seen more bucks that I have deer this year :lol:

That Buck has definitely gone nocturnal and will probably die of old age or a harsh winter.
But I'll keep trying to get that shooter as long as I can get out there to hunt.
Sometimes late season they'll switch over to feeding in the daylight again, especially when there are big fronts coming through. Maybe you'll catch him on his feet.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Sometimes late season they'll switch over to feeding in the daylight again, especially when there are big fronts coming through. Maybe you'll catch him on his feet.
When the weather gets cold and food sources dwindle is usually when I'm indoors to stay warm,.. I'll let the younger guys pursue them.
Maybe I can invest in heated coveralls.......... :lol:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

gas56 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Sometimes late season they'll switch over to feeding in the daylight again, especially when there are big fronts coming through. Maybe you'll catch him on his feet.
When the weather gets cold and food sources dwindle is usually when I'm indoors to stay warm,.. I'll let the younger guys pursue them.
My dads buddy bought something called a Heather Body Suit. He says it's the greatest thing ever. It's basically a sleeping bag that you hunt in I guess.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:My dads buddy bought something called a Heather Body Suit. He says it's the greatest thing ever. It's basically a sleeping bag that you hunt in I guess.
Do you mean a heater body suit? Because if you search for a heather body suit, you get much different (and significantly better) results :)

The hunting sleeping bag looks awesome. Think I'd just fall asleep in that though.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

caledonianblues wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:My dads buddy bought something called a Heather Body Suit. He says it's the greatest thing ever. It's basically a sleeping bag that you hunt in I guess.
Do you mean a heater body suit? Because if you search for a heather body suit, you get much different (and significantly better) results :)

The hunting sleeping bag looks awesome. Think I'd just fall asleep in that though.
Yes. I need to pay more attention to what I type :oops:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
gas56 wrote:
My dads buddy bought something called a Heather Body Suit. He says it's the greatest thing ever. It's basically a sleeping bag that you hunt in I guess.
When I was younger and going to be on stand all day in very cold weather I used to use a Brown Wool Army blanket to wrap myself in, and that would help a lot.
The heater body suit sounds similar but probably more efficient trapping your body heat inside. But still, I'm not as young as I used to be and some of my
health limitations stop me from getting out there in inclement weather, although I would like to be out there I just can't be.
I knew a guy in Southern Zanesville Ohio that when he got old his nephew made a tree house for him to hunt out of and it was heated.
It had all the comforts of home and had a TV also. That is probably why he never shot a deer out of it. lol
I think I'll just stay entertained at home before I try that.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

You should come up here. It was 56 degrees today! Normally I'm hunting in snow at this point!

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:You should come up here. It was 56 degrees today! Normally I'm hunting in snow at this point!
It wouldn't do me too much good right now hunting anywhere even with our weather around the same temp,.. I still can't walk..... :)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”