2017/2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Vanish
English Wiki Team

Re: 2017/2018

Post by Vanish »

Big Game season has sadly come to a close. This year gave me plenty of memories though, filling 10 tags between my wife and I; 4 pronghorn, 3 elk and 3 deer.

Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Congrats Dirtclod! Nice buck!

Here's a picture (that I hope you guys can see) of my buck. Like I said, not huge, but respectable for the area that I hunt. If anyone knows of a better way to upload images, please let me know!
https://imgur.com/a/pCQNV
Thanks and you got nice buck yourself. Grats. As far as the pics. I have a free google site and upload the pics in no special way. Then get the photo link and add it here. I'm sure there are better ways though.

@Violator: That's tough luck. Seems like hunting almost demands some suffering.

Sure some great harvests everyone! Grats to you all.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Vanish, that's awesome. 10 biggame tags for the two of you is quite a season! All in the same state?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Ha! Got this photo thing figured out again. Here's a pic without having to look at the link.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Nice Buck IA!

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Sweet!
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Vanish
English Wiki Team

Post by Vanish »

Knut wrote:Vanish, that's awesome. 10 biggame tags for the two of you is quite a season! All in the same state?
8 in Colorado and 2 in Wyoming. Moving west was the best decision I ever made :D
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Glad to see you back Vanish and congratulations of some fine trophies!
Nice looking Buck Trenton. Did you take him with your Custom Bow? :D
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Swampfox wrote:Glad to see you back Vanish and congratulations of some fine trophies!
Nice looking Buck Trenton. Did you take him with your Custom Bow? :D
No, I would have loved to, but I got him with my grandpas .300 savage. Out with it right now trying to add to the freezer. Rifle season ends tomorrow so I'm not gonna be picky if a big doe comes out.

Congrats Vanish! Sounds like you had a pretty awesome season!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Ha! Got this photo thing figured out again. Here's a pic without having to look at the link.

Hey great you got a buck!
I'm into the 3rd day of gun season and haven't got a shot off yet, though I've seen a few bucks, but nothing real big, forkhorns & small 6 points.
The weather is taking its toll on me,.. so I may have to shoot one soon while I still can...... :lol:

Return to “The Great Outdoors”