2017/2018

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: 2017/2018

Post by L3M182 »

a small owl decoy perched on a fence post works wonders for me. they come in in groups to mob it. if youve got some prep time a rabbit zipped open with a decoy will bring them into touching range they get so focused.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I'll try that. A hawk also killed one of my aunt's geese today, so that's pretty convenient.
We still have an old eagle owl decoy to put next to it, too.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Vanish
English Wiki Team

Post by Vanish »

Moon wrote:Very nice bull Vanish! Gosh it's been awhile since I've crossed paths with you. Hope you're doing well.
Thanks! I am doing very well, thank you! Unfortunately for theHunter, I no longer own a computer capable of playing "real" video games.
I made it a priority of mine to experience the physical world over the virtual. This means evenings are spent "virtual scouting", prepping gear and food, upkeeping the house and making sure we're ready for the weekend's adventure: ice fishing in winter, river/lake fishing in spring, alpine fishing in summer and hunting in the fall.

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

anyone ready for bow deer season? Went out and set up my stands and put some feeders out. Can't wait!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

baloo.the.dog wrote:anyone ready for bow deer season? Went out and set up my stands and put some feeders out. Can't wait!
In the woods right now. Way to hot but I can't stop myself from going. Supposed to rain and cool off tonight so hopefully it gets them moving a bit early. Had one blow at me while dressing by the truck. I guess she didn't like what she saw :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

this is all y'all will get for now. :D
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

Got this deer the first week of archery season in NE Florida. It's an 8-point (4x4 for you Western folk). My largest deer to date, my first buck with a crossbow, and my first deer that I tracked through trail cams.

He only ran 30 yards before crashing. However, my new stand location was about 330 yards from the truck. Couldn't drive back to retrieve the deer due to all of the water that Hurricane Irma dropped on the area. So it was a LONG drag back to the truck.

officialwafflez
Hunter

that's abeautiful buck. love the dark feet from the mud.
officialwafflez
Hunter

perfect shot too might i add
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

officialwafflez wrote:perfect shot too might i add
Thank you sir. It's from almost having a 1000 kills with the TenPoint in game. :D

Return to “The Great Outdoors”