Any RL Waterfowlers?

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Any RL Waterfowlers?

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I personally am a duck hunter irl in the mississippi delta and south western Alabama. Also wondering if their were any European waterfowlers out there?
Post below where you hunt
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Re: Any RL Waterfowlers?

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Yea men, Belgium. Canadian goose are a pest here! Also shooting ducks.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Hunting on grain fields in mid-Norway.
Greylag and pink-foot geese.

EmilN
Scout

Post by EmilN »

Yup! Here in Denmark i hunt goldeneyes and eiders on the sea, as well as mallards in land.

Was out this Saturday in my layout boat and shot 2 eiders and 3 goldeneyes! Could easily have shot more but would rather go out twice than fill the freezer at once ;)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Not from Europe, but I do a bit of waterfowl hunting here in Michigan. I love duck hunting. When the huge migrations are happening, nothing beats watching a beautiful sunrise over a marsh being blotted out by black clouds of migrating ducks.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

It's been a couple years since I've been out, but I grew up duck and goose (mostly goose) hunting on the eastern shore of Maryland. Plenty of birds to be had there but the downside to Maryland is that it's just about all private land. Waterfowling is a pay-to-play game here and if you aren't a member of a hunting club with a big tract of land, it's really difficult to get into. There's a lot of guides here that will take you out for a day, but that usually cost several hundred per person per day. The better bet is the hunting clubs, but that can run you a few grand a year if you don't know someone with the land. It's a shame really.
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

I use to hunt Mobile-Tensaw Delta in AL, pretty crappy for anything but divers and gaddy well.
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I don't hunt waterfowl anymore... matter of fact it's been quite a few years now.
But my favorite's were always Woodies (wood ducks), Mallards, & Black Ducks, along the creeks and in the ponds & lakes with flooded timber.
I never shot nothing I didn't eat also.
And my favorite way to cook them was with hot barbecue sauce braised in the oven.
I still eat them that way today when I can get a couple ducks.
chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

I've hunted ducks and geese in southern Ontario for my whole life,and I did a bit in saskethewan and alaska
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

officialwafflez wrote:I use to hunt Mobile-Tensaw Delta in AL, pretty crappy for anything but divers and gaddy well.
cool, me too, and all i have shot was mottled ducks and gadwalls which arent too common for most people in the flyways
where are you from if you dont mind me asking? Im from Fairhope, AL originally but now live in starkville, MS (college)
went once this year to the causeway and only saw one flock of greys, nothing else
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “The Great Outdoors”