Tell me your favorite RL weapons for hunting!

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Tell me your favorite RL weapons for hunting!

Post by Radamus »

If I have to pick only one, I'll take my late 60's vintage Remington Mdl 1100 with extended tube, pistol grip stock. It's good for anything, anywhere, anytime. For a sidearm I have to go with my Thompson Center Contender, if your unfamiliar with this it's the "Rival" in-game- and I'd probably go with a .357mag barrel for versatility.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
caliber420
Hunter

Post by caliber420 »

pnShen wrote:
InstinctiveArcher
caliber420
guys, can you point me direction, i am looking for compound bow, and i don't know where to look (strength, size, brand) I own a traditional hungarian recurve (strong one, but don't know the numbers) so i have some sense of shooting.

I want to continue at target shooting, then eventually going into hunting.

+ And to comment the thread, my favorite weapon is my katana and jutte. I can use them far better than my bow, but i did not killed anything with them. I like my naginata and yari, but they are not real, just wooden. If i think about it, i have about 20 weapons and the bow is the one i use less often.

for anyone who don't know what a jutte is:
Spoiler:
thanks
Hey, I'm at work right now so I can't write a full explanation. But instinctive hit the nail on the head. Go ahead and send me a private message then when I get home I'll get you hooked up with info. I'll get you some sites to look at as well.
Summary:
Draw weight will be based on what you can pull comfortably and consistently. An adult male usually pulls 50-80lb with a compound. Most likely 50-70. I shoot 60 because of bad shoulders from my bmx days.

Draw length is essentially your arm span from middle finger tip to tip divided by 2.5

You can kill anything in North America with 35lb draw if you have very good shot placement and are within 30 yards. Not recommended and most states have draw weight minimums.
https://www.instagram.com/stubborn_bowhunter/
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I am currently looking for a trad bow, what should I look for when buying one?
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

Buckkiller4 wrote:I am currently looking for a trad bow, what should I look for when buying one?
for what purpose? do you have any preference?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_bow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longbow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yumi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable-backed_bow
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Buckkiller4 wrote:I am currently looking for a trad bow, what should I look for when buying one?
I highly recommend that you go shoot both a longbow and a recurve before deciding. There are pros and cons to both. A recurve is a bit shorter and faster, but a longbow is more stable and forgiving to a bad release, awkward position, etc. Longbows are also dead silent when tuned right. For the best of both worlds's, you could try a hybrid longbow. Like I said, shoot some before buying one. I started with a recurve, but then found out that I was more of a longbow guy. Everyone is different. If you're like me, you'll own a few of each for when the mood hits you to shoot one or the other. :lol:
Some great entry level bows would be the samick sage recurve and the bear Montana longbow. The sage is great because you can change limbs and adjust weight without buying a whole new bow. I'll write a better response once I'm home at my computer.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
chinook2835
Tracker

Post by chinook2835 »

Definitely,without hesitation my sako 85 in .300 i saved up and bought it I've already dropped a 60" moose in Alaska and a bison and 2 or 3 mule deer.i don't use it the most but I'm gonna be bringing it up to Nunavut for muskox in February.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Steyr Mannlicher Klassik Stutzen .30-06
Blaser R93 Attaché .223
Blaser R8 Professional Success also in the almighty .30-06
EDIT: Added image.
Last edited by MooseHunter330 on December 7th, 2016, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
AngryBadger
Tracker

Post by AngryBadger »

My Howa 1500 hunter in 30-06. It's the only rifle I have, and the 30-06 is perfect for any animal I might be able to hunt seeing as I can't afford to hunt the big dangerous game. I paid the extra for the Hunter version with the walnut sticky just for the looks.
Seanai88

Post by Seanai88 »

I would like to see the Sauer 202 in the calibre 8X68. Looks great IRL and the calibre covers most of the game. From foxes to red deer
ehr_CharlieMc

Post by ehr_CharlieMc »

I would love to see a 760 Gamemaster .30-06 implemented into the game. My Grandfather willed his to me when he passed on. My Grandmother bought it new for him for his birthday in 1954. I hunt with it every hunting season in his honor. It has laid many deer and black bear to rest over the years for him and I have taken the 3 biggest bucks of my life with it, and I know my pappy was with me in spirit in that ol' gun.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”