Tourist hunting

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
willybepop
Hunter

Re: Tourist hunting

Post by willybepop »

Radamus wrote:But again, in Fl, there's so many things that can "get ya" I doubt the pigs are the worst of it.
I can see you've been to Disney World too.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

:lol: got that right~ and if we're really serious, I've been through Miami as well-makes Disney look like a cartoon world :)
We were on a big ranch, straight west of Sanford. It was a 30min ride and we're surrounded by thousands of acres of cattle ranch. They work the herds on horseback and everything, I mean it's just prettier than Texas (just an opinion) but the same thing. They have big issues with pigs that dig holes and cattle that don't like stepping in those holes. I never saw any pigs, but I saw where they had been lots of places.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

go here ... http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/hunting/ you will have to get a non resident 10 day licence for 46.50 then what ever you decide to hunt or that you can hunt you will have to pay for that permit. aslo you have to make sure of what is in season. also there is a ton of other things you need to be aware of being from out of country. you may need to pass a hunter safety course before you can even pay for a licence. i would personally get in touch with a guide service in florida if you do not have someone there helping you with land already. the guide service should help you with everything you need. with out a guide service you need to get the non resident licences and find a species in season and then find public or private(people will shoot you if you dont have permission) land to hunt on.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

There are many guide service south of Orlando near Lake Okeechobee. This is one, but there are many others.

http://ronsguideservice.com/hunting
Personal Bests...
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Okeechobee Outfitters is a well known and has great reputation with the locals. You might be able to get in on a spring gobbler, I am not sure of the seasons any more. But Ferral hogs for sure. You might even get to hunt them Chobee Style. ;)

http://www.guided-hunting.com/
Spoiler:
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Thanks all for the reply's, I got some research to do, going to check out all your links.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Well, if you want to do some serious tourist hunting, best bet is to go to Florida, places such as Miami, Orlando, etc. Also, here in New York, NYC is full of tourists. Niagara Falls also is a major tourist attraction, so it is like heaven for a tourist Hunter. It's almost too easy. Just pick your trophy tourist and fire....
Oh wait...you meant a place for a tourist to go hunting!!

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I just had to play on the thread title lol)
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

Lol, You could cull half of Great Britain with one pass down International Drive, why I dislike Orlando, too many of us Brits. I go on holiday to find new things/people
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

At least you speak the Queens language ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

You would think that would help, I have a dis-advantage, I'm a Yorkshireman, All I hear is 'excuse me' or 'could you please repeat that?'

If your not sure how a Yorkshireman speaks then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzAD2GLfaNU

Return to “The Great Outdoors”