Bow Building

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Bow Building

Post by Radamus »

Character man, character. Make up a story, you used a special Yucatan walnut from a protected forest that grew up from the ashes of an ancient Maya temple and it's the only wood in the world that smells like it's burning :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Radamus wrote:Character man, character. Make up a story, you used a special Yucatan walnut from a protected forest that grew up from the ashes of an ancient Maya temple and it's the only wood in the world that smells like it's burning :lol:
That's a good thought. I can make this sound way cooler than a shop fire :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Honestly, "bow survived a fire" is pretty impressive in and of itself.

Regarding the in-game bow--I ended up buying a membership just to keep in arrows for the bow :lol: Also nabbed my first albino with it, a brown bear. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/thes ... /529873433 if you want to see a neat albino trophy shot with the bow. Thanks again :D
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

TheSheWolf wrote:Honestly, "bow survived a fire" is pretty impressive in and of itself.

Regarding the in-game bow--I ended up buying a membership just to keep in arrows for the bow :lol: Also nabbed my first albino with it, a brown bear. https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/thes ... /529873433 if you want to see a neat albino trophy shot with the bow. Thanks again :D
Nice trophy. Congrats! :)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

TheSheWolf wrote:Honestly, "bow survived a fire" is pretty impressive in and of itself.

That's a nice one to nab, a true rare- Grats on a nice bear!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Drew first blood today, even though it's not finished. Stupid dove was looking at me funny. It looked like a feather pillow exploded wen that judo point hit him :lol:

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:Drew first blood today, even though it's not finished. Stupid dove was looking at me funny. It looked like a feather pillow exploded wen that judo point hit him :lol:
Glad to hear it! I have already poked the developers. Hopefully they are just as willing as they were last time. Good luck!
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

nice bear! Hey if they add this bow, I will try to buy it, even if I shouldn't spend the money like last time! :lol:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Here is a little big better profile picture of the bow. I should be able to finish sanding and shaping the riser this week and MAYBE put on a coat or two of finish.
As you can see in this picture, I made the lower overlay a bit thin and went through to the glass. I just sanded the rest of the wood off there so that it looks a bit nicer.

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Sprayed on the first coat of finish today and this thing looks SWEET!!! I'll try and get some pictures for you guys tomorrow. Hopefully it's sunny. Indoor photos aren't going to do it justice.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”