Wild Boar, thanks

Discussions, Stories, Hints & Tips about everything outdoors. Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Shooting, Camping etc.
InnerSphere
Scout

Wild Boar, thanks

Post by InnerSphere »

Where i live in Italy, wild boar hunting with dogs is the most widespread one .Near my uncle's house in the countryside is full of wild boars, every time I go there I always see at least one. I just want to say thanks to the devs and share some italian RL pics waiting for the patch

A wild boar

hungarian hound and a wild boar

zecmd

Re: Wild Boar, thanks

Post by zecmd »

Show some with those big teeth so our American friends see them:)

Wild Boar are awesome to hunt really. Portuguese here:)
lounis19
Hunter

Post by lounis19 »

jimbo
Hunter

Post by jimbo »

Nice pics guys.I hunt wild boar too with dogs it's the most exciting hunt. :D
lounis19 in which country did you shoot that?
Rexpress
Scout

Post by Rexpress »

Great animal, lousy angle. I don't like putting the animal in front of the hunter/fisher in order to make the catch look bigger.
TheMooseGuy
Outfitter

Post by TheMooseGuy »

Yeah I completely agree with you Rexpress, I am so fed up of seeing pictures of hunters posing way further back with their animals so it makes it look like they've shot some sort of freak of nature. That boar is already great, the guy in the picture didn't need to have to stand so far back that it makes it look like the Boar is twice the size of him... :roll:

These pictures are doing the same thing...

Willehard
Scout

Post by Willehard »

TheMooseGuy wrote:Yeah I completely agree with you Rexpress, I am so fed up of seeing pictures of hunters posing way further back with their animals so it makes it look like they've shot some sort of freak of nature. That boar is already great, the guy in the picture didn't need to have to stand so far back that it makes it look like the Boar is twice the size of him... :roll:

That one isn't a wildboar it's a feral hog. There's article about that one but I can't find it for now. By the way it was the biggest feral hog ever shot :P
offiez
Hunter

Post by offiez »

never hunted a wild boar, but I've cooked and eaten plenty (I'm a retired professional chef),...it's the most delicious pork I've ever tasted

big too from the above pics,...........I can't wait to hunt the new reserve,...

I have never been to europe, this'll be a treat!
TheMooseGuy
Outfitter

Post by TheMooseGuy »

Villie wrote:
TheMooseGuy wrote:Yeah I completely agree with you Rexpress, I am so fed up of seeing pictures of hunters posing way further back with their animals so it makes it look like they've shot some sort of freak of nature. That boar is already great, the guy in the picture didn't need to have to stand so far back that it makes it look like the Boar is twice the size of him... :roll:

That one isn't a wildboar it's a feral hog. There's article about that one but I can't find it for now. By the way it was the biggest feral hog ever shot :P
Yeah I know, I was just using it as an example of people standing further back from the animal in order to make it appear bigger than it is. I'll admit that wasn't the best example seeing as it is, already, a huge animal in it's own right.
zecmd

Post by zecmd »

This photo is true... You can see a big animal with 150kg... It is my girlfriend there on the photo.. she likes to go out to the wild with me:)

Return to “The Great Outdoors”