Arcade games - Where it all began!

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Arcade games - Where it all began!

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone else is like me and misses the good, old-school arcade halls from the 80’s? I used to love it, even when I was really young, goin to the local arcade halls and playing games like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Asteroids, Space Invaders, etc. Was always a lot of fun, goin through quarters left and right lol, all the sounds and people, was great.
And then of course if you were a kid in the 80’s, you wanted one of these little bad boys. I know I did! Haha. Anyone remember these Colecovision tabletop arcades?

Haha, I had the Donkey Kong one, and looking back they sure sucked LOL, but back then they were so awesome.
So, I’ve always been fascinated with arcade cabinets tho, and getting them nowadays is QUITE expensive, not to mention the upkeep is extremely difficult considering that most of the parts aren’t made anymore. So, I did the best thing and came across these, and I can tell you they are great, especially if you like a bit of retro and nostalgia. I took a couple of videos here to show you guys, and I apologize ahead of time because I was using my iPhone to record and had to keep it upright instead of wide. Hope you enjoy!

Part 1

https://youtu.be/fZZlNfl4P_s

Part 2

https://youtu.be/fhNo2L1rI1I

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Arcade games - Where it all began!

Post by DYEUZ »

:lol: Wow ! Some memories alright ! These sounds they made ! :lol:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I was never too much into arcade games, but those miniature machines are hilarious! A nice collection you got there, Chuck! :)
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I remember spending plenty of time at the arcades, hell I remember being amazed when Pong 1st came out!

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

used to live in the arcades and help run one for quite a few years. love switching the power on first thing in the morning and hear all the music from different machines. 8-) .

you can still pick up decent games for not that much unless its a original early game with original cabinet. many enthusiasts just build a mame cab or use roms . not the same though but easy and cheap to get access to lots of retro games.

nice collection.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Those machines were the perfect after school relax time, but i was a kid in en the early 90s so the Nintendo and Sega where already replacing them as primary source of videogame entertainment, still the arcades had a long run and those game where just so fun, i did spend hours playing the old Outrun arcade game, never got anywhere but the travel was the fun. :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”