Geforce Now

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Geforce Now

Post by ronMctube »

for those of you who dont know about this it enables people with low spec pcs or macs to play highend games with great performance.really helpful if you on a old pc or cant afford to upgrade at the moment.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... ow/mac-pc/

its in beta at the moment.free at moment will most likely be a charge for it in the future.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Geforce Now

Post by HD_Artworks »

Thanks, Ron.
Requested for beta access. Now I have to wait for their Email.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

hey ron, do you have one for Radeon ?
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i believe its only Nvidia at the moment.sorry :(
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I requested it a long time ago . Isn't it only for specific games though ? And The Hunter , not in those .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

at the moment.im sure at a later date it will be more wide open.once this process is got right it will be very popular.especially with how mining is effecting gpu prices.whats worse is the prices wont be coming down soon they will be going up !
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

It can be used with AMD or NVIDA but after the beta the rumor is it will cost $25 per every 20 hours of gaming.
Spoiler:
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

ronMctube wrote:once this process is got right it will be very popular
Yes, but many years from now. The current fees are too high, many people would also need to raise their bandwidth plan (can be costly) and lot of games aren't supported. On top of that, the reason why people don't have the required hardware for modern games is because they can't afford it or aren't willing to pay that much and then you think they will switch to a fee of $25 for 20 hours, combined with a more expensive ISP plan? I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but the costs are killing it for a lot of people.

Even Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said the following in 2017 (quote from PcWorld):

“But the important thing to realize about that is that’s still years away from really becoming a major gaming service,” Huang continued. “And it’s still years away from being able to find the right balance between cost and quality of service and the pervasiveness of virtualizing a gaming PC. So we’ve been working on it for several years, and these things take a while. My personal experience is almost every great thing takes about a decade. And if that’s so, then we’ve got a few more years to go.”
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

oh i know it wont be right for a few more years yet thats why i said at a later date. ;)

i been trying things like this for nearly ten years.onlive were first doing it i did a video on i think 7-8 years ago. so they just trying to perfect it and get it working and as cheaply as possible so consumers will actually buy into it.yes its quite dear at the moment but as its refined tech moves forward and internet is better it wont be as dear. the thing is as i put powerful pcs prices are starting to accelerate.nvidia have said prices will get higher and most other components are getting dearer.so that 20-25 dollars a month in a few years time maybe the cheapest option into gaming. ram prices have doubled.decent gpus have nearly doubled in price.ssds have.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”