This Is Where All The Magic Started

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: This Is Where All The Magic Started

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

You can use an emulator, Stan. They work perfectly on PCs. I personally used NEStopia for NES games on my PC.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HNY Chuck! What the heck is an emulator? And do I have to still have the game disk? It's a broderbund software..which I think has changed hands...maybe merged with UbiSoft?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

You are talking the old Loderunner on NES right Stan? And no, you will not need the disk or anything ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

stancomputerhunter wrote:HNY Chuck! What the heck is an emulator? And do I have to still have the game disk? It's a broderbund software..which I think has changed hands...maybe merged with UbiSoft?
An emulator is a program that makes your PC think it was an NES... or a Commodore... or an old Atari - depending on what type of emulator you use. Usually you won't be able to use the old game disks, you will have to find the games in a special file format for download. There are special forums for stuff like that, Google might help.
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Stan, if you want help finding a few emulators and getting them set up (which is so easy Outrider can even do it LMAO), msg me later on in Discord and I’ll come on and get you goin.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Thanks for the information, Marc and Chuck. I'm traveling until the end of March, so not much I can do until then. No, Chuck, my Lode Runner was on a disc, for PC. I have never had a platform like NES, Wii, Xbox, etc. Except a long time ago, way before you guys' time, I had a thing called Magnavox Oddessy. Google it. Had some amazing stuff that you could play by inserting a cartridge.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I remember the Magnavox Odyssey, or at least I can remember hearing about it.
And an emulator is not a huge DL Stan. They are typically only a few MB, with ROMs (games) being even less than that depending on which system you have an emulator for

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”