I got a few questions?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

I got a few questions?

Post by Kaned Dragon »

Are COTW and primal made by the same dev team, or corporate group that made The Hunter Classic?

Why was COTW created?

Why was primal created?

I need to ask these before I go forward. I don't know where to go to find the answers, I've tried googling, but I didn't have much luck.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: I got a few questions?

Post by D3AKUs »

Because game developers create games. To create income. To feed their familys. :D
Primal was a project of interns as far as i know and they finished it cause it showed promise.
CotW is a completely new game to lift theHunter franchise up to nextgen standards and ofc create income by making it a desireable game for a broader audience i guess.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Same parent company...Avalanche Studios
Same Subsidiary.....Expansive Worlds
Different development teams within Expansive Worlds (more so with COTW than Primal). Although I'm sure there was some crossover of support type personnel, the programming teams each work on their assign projects. COTW uses a different game-engine than tHC and Primal.

And obviously the games have different audiences and business models. (Subscription + Micro-transactions v.s. Purchase + DLC (both free and purchasable).
Personal Bests...
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Fletchette wrote:And obviously the games have different audiences and business models. (Subscription + Micro-transactions v.s. Purchase + DLC (both free and purchasable).
Same thing, they just like to camouflage it as a DLC, but feel free to differ.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Primal was a one off and as we were told was an intern project. They pulled off a lot of new functions and gameplay flow. It was a $20 game, 1 time buy, great deal really if you're into being killed by prehistoric animals, because eventually, you will die :lol: - COTW, as stated above, was a path in a new direction. It applies a different philosophy in it's approach to a hunting game that differs completely from Classic. For me, the only thing that would make me jump for joy, is Classic on the modern engine with half a Km render!and the enhanced gfx and complex behaviors and advanced AI. COTW looks amazing, no question.
As for the business models used, in truth, even if it was all free people would still btch about the cost, that's just how it is so might as well get paid to listen to it. For every whiner there's 100 happy campers so don't mean a thing. It comes down to each person, you want to play this game? Great, join the family, if you don't? Hey, it just isn't for you. If one finds themselves dissatisfied and unfilled, go find something that fills your sails, it's the right thing to do.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Post by Kaned Dragon »

D3AKUs wrote:Because game developers create games. To create income. To feed their familys. :D
Primal was a project of interns as far as i know and they finished it cause it showed promise.
CotW is a completely new game to lift theHunter franchise up to nextgen standards and ofc create income by making it a desireable game for a broader audience i guess.
Fletchette wrote:Same parent company...Avalanche Studios
Same Subsidiary.....Expansive Worlds
Different development teams within Expansive Worlds (more so with COTW than Primal). Although I'm sure there was some crossover of support type personnel, the programming teams each work on their assign projects. COTW uses a different game-engine than tHC and Primal.

And obviously the games have different audiences and business models. (Subscription + Micro-transactions v.s. Purchase + DLC (both free and purchasable).
Levado wrote:
Fletchette wrote:And obviously the games have different audiences and business models. (Subscription + Micro-transactions v.s. Purchase + DLC (both free and purchasable).
Radamus wrote:Primal was a one off and as we were told was an intern project. They pulled off a lot of new functions and gameplay flow. It was a $20 game, 1 time buy, great deal really if you're into being killed by prehistoric animals, because eventually, you will die :lol: - COTW, as stated above, was a path in a new direction. It applies a different philosophy in it's approach to a hunting game that differs completely from Classic. For me, the only thing that would make me jump for joy, is Classic on the modern engine with half a Km render!and the enhanced gfx and complex behaviors and advanced AI. COTW looks amazing, no question.
As for the business models used, in truth, even if it was all free people would still btch about the cost, that's just how it is so might as well get paid to listen to it. For every whiner there's 100 happy campers so don't mean a thing. It comes down to each person, you want to play this game? Great, join the family, if you don't? Hey, it just isn't for you. If one finds themselves dissatisfied and unfilled, go find something that fills your sails, it's the right thing to do.
Guys thank you for your responses. I do appreciate it. I needed to confirm what I thought I'd heard and knew.

Next question

1. How many players are still handing over money to play Classic?
2. How many players like me have moved over to COTW?
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Levado wrote:
I do differ.
With the price of a tent you can get a new map with new clothing, new missions, new everything.
And the game can even be played offline.

Absolutely no comparison on how much money you can put into classic versus cotw.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

imagine primal on Apex engine ! with mp ! :o 8-)
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

:|
ronMctube wrote:imagine primal on Apex engine ! with mp ! :o 8-)
Just make a DLC for CotW with a Dino Reserve. :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

or make the new Rampage film with the rock in perfect engine for perfect game :D

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”