I got a few questions?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Re: I got a few questions?

Post by Kaned Dragon »

ronMctube wrote:imagine primal on Apex engine ! with mp ! :o 8-)
I had the same thought guys.
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Radamus wrote:. For me, the only thing that would make me jump for joy, is Classic on the modern engine with half a Km render!and the enhanced gfx and complex behaviors and advanced AI.
Thay would keep me jumping for joy :D :D :D

Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Post by Kaned Dragon »

Right Im asking these questions because.
I can vouch, COTW is better in every way compared to Classic.
Animal AI, Gfx, Coding and the balance of the game are all better. The game engine is more capable.
COTW is pay once, get the game.
Classic used to be Mule deer and Loggers Point for free, as far as I can tell the reserve and allowed animals change every so often. If you want it all, you have to pay subs.
So I can't help but feel Classic has kind of pushed itself out of the market.
Why would we pay to play, when they have released a better version and it's pay once?
I want Classic moved over to the COTW engine over time.
My character my stats my items. Port it to the new engine.
I know it will take time, that's okay. The classic took time adding reserve, items, animals and what not,,,,beards and hats.
And yes, Dino Reserve, but hunting dinos not survival please.
I would love to see Loggers point, Red Feather Falls, and well everything, done up AAA style.
To make up for the lose of the subs.
Create a subscription service which give subscribes players access to thing that unsubscribe players can't access. Special Skills, Missions, Equipment, Perks. Competitions, and reward for kills.
Make the Lodge/cabin that player can buy a Hub / Portal. We get a little space to relax and check all our player data, items, trophies, and all that good stuff.
From the lodge we can choices which reserve to go to. Plus there's all the things that could be DLC just for the lodge.

Just an ideas friends.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

It's fine that you can attest that COTW is better than Classic,...
But than again everybody has their own opinion about why they like what game they play.
So instead of thinking why not changing a game to act like why you like a game, just enjoy what you like, and play what you like.

Now I have a couple of questions for you.

Have you ever gotten the toy prize inside of a Cracker Jack box?
And did you ever think you got the prize for free?

The funny thing about it is I've seen a lot of drivers who got their license out of a Cracker Jack box!

click on the link below if you don't know what Cracker Jack junk food is because it is made in America.
https://www.amazon.com/Cracker-Jack-Ori ... PKODY?th=1
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Kaned Dragon wrote:Right Im asking these questions because.
Animal AI, Gfx, Coding and the balance of the game are all better. The game engine is more capable.
COTW is pay once, get the game.
Classic used to be Mule deer and Loggers Point for free, as far as I can tell the reserve and allowed animals change every so often. If you want it all, you have to pay subs.
So I can't help but feel Classic has kind of pushed itself out of the market.
Why would we pay to play, when they have released a better version and it's pay once?
I want Classic moved over to the COTW engine over time.
My character my stats my items. Port it to the new engine.
I know it will take time, that's okay. The classic took time adding reserve, items, animals and what not,,,,beards and hats.
And yes, Dino Reserve, but hunting dinos not survival please.
I would love to see Loggers point, Red Feather Falls, and well everything, done up AAA style.
To make up for the lose of the subs.
Create a subscription service which give subscribes players access to thing that unsubscribe players can't access. Special Skills, Missions, Equipment, Perks. Competitions, and reward for kills.
Make the Lodge/cabin that player can buy a Hub / Portal. We get a little space to relax and check all our player data, items, trophies, and all that good stuff.
From the lodge we can choices which reserve to go to. Plus there's all the things that could be DLC just for the lodge.

Just an ideas friends.
You didn't fool anyone with the topic of this thread in General Chat. You came here to answer the questions yourself, and to slam tH Classic, for some unknown reason. Go away.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Kaned Dragon wrote:Right Im asking these questions because.
It's awesome that you've found a hunting game that you believe to be better than Classic. I guess I will just have to keep looking.

I think Call of the Wild looks great. The developers worked hard and did a great job. They should be proud. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't quite measure up to Classic.

So I can vouch, Classic is better in every way for me, compared to Call of the Wild :)
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Post by Kaned Dragon »

gas56 wrote: Now I have a couple of questions for you.
Have you ever gotten the toy prize inside of a Cracker Jack box?
And did you ever think you got the prize for free?
I've never got a cracker jack, but they remind me of kinda surprise.
And yes I agree that little prize inside isn't free.
stancomputerhunter wrote: You didn't fool anyone with the topic of this thread in General Chat. You came here to answer the questions yourself, and to slam tH Classic, for some unknown reason. Go away.
Not quiet, the first questions were asking about the dev teams and who makes these games. I kinda new, but I wanted a confirmation from people on the forum. And I got a good answer.
COTW is Classic, just on a new game engine, with a couple of added player cues.
The core games mechanics are the same in both games. Just in COTW they listened to complaint that constantly came up with classic and addressed them in COTW.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 32#p310732
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 04#p341304

All the above, were things we asked about in the forums. They have been implemented in COTW. Or at least they worked on them. Rendering range of animals, Bullet drop off, and more.
Although For all I know atm, these might be in Classic, I don't know, I'm so temped to install Classic again and have a wander, see for myself what's changed.

And as for the reason I'm on here seemingly slamming Classic.

I actually saw a post on the forum for COTW, a player wrote and rant about creating basically a sim but with animal and ecological preservation within the hunter world. I logged back on here because some of the ideas they mentioned had been touched on this forum, back in 2011. I wanted to get the links. And just let them know, hey your not alone.
While here I might as well see what's happening. And I saw a post from a player asking which is better Classic or COTW.
So I gave my opinion, which I'm allowed to have and I'm allowed to say what's on my mind. We all do.
One of the big reasons I stopped playing. Is I didn't feel like the Devs were listening to the players anymore.
I couldn't keep paying for something I'd lost faith in. Even though I really enjoyed the game.
But having played COTW, I think that they were listening, it's just the game engine the Classic uses, doesn't have the flexibility of the new engine.
It's wasn't they wouldn't put these ideas in, they couldn't.
The game are almost the same.
Even hirschfelden looks like the map from Classic in the north areas.
If the Classic and it's assets were moved onto the new engine. I would start paying again.

It's the engine not the game.
Kaned Dragon
Tracker

Post by Kaned Dragon »

caledonianblues wrote: I guess I will just have to keep looking.

So I can vouch, Classic is better in every way for me, compared to Call of the Wild :)
Why would you need to keep looking, your happy with Classic.
Have they implemented Night time in Classic?

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”