thinking about buying a gaming pc

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

thinking about buying a gaming pc

Post by hunterPRO1 »

"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: thinking about buying a gaming pc

Post by L3M182 »

yeah thats a decent rig for the price. will knock the socks off the hunter and call of the wild
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

L3M182 wrote:yeah thats a decent rig for the price. will knock the socks off the hunter and call of the wild
yeah, im also going to start playing a few fps games, pubg in particular has caught my eye
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

id imagine a rig like this will sort all your gaming needs for a least 3 years on all titles
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

right coffee lake just come out.so for gaming it stomps ryzen.ryzen is good though.so if you can wait or get coffee lake intel new range go with that.especially for pubg.best performance in pubg is intel and nvidia card.

call of the wild on top settings is very demanding.so if you want to know what performance youll get just ask. 1060 is basically a 980 gtx. at 1080 res all ultra you looking at about 45 fps avg.
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

I wouldn't pick that Ryzen 5 1600. Yes, it's a 6 core, but most games only use 2-4 cores. What's more important (for gaming) is performance per core when you look at anything from 4 cores up.
A Ryzen 5 1600 for example scores 1,828 in Single Thread Performance at cpubenchmark.net, ranking it at #318, while a 3 year old Intel 4790K for scores 2,530 and is still ranked #4 in the world in single thread performance. On top of that, 92 of the 100 fastest CPU's at videobenchmark.net are Intel, that should tell you something. ;)
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

ronMctube wrote:right coffee lake just come out.so for gaming it stomps ryzen.ryzen is good though.so if you can wait or get coffee lake intel new range go with that.especially for pubg.best performance in pubg is intel and nvidia card.

call of the wild on top settings is very demanding.so if you want to know what performance youll get just ask. 1060 is basically a 980 gtx. at 1080 res all ultra you looking at about 45 fps avg.
problem is the even though the coffee lake i5 8400 is reasonably priced, isnt the only motherboard usable with it currently the z370, which is over 150 dollars. putting me over my budget.
Spoiler:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”