WRC 7 - The Official FIA World Rally Championship

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

WRC 7 - The Official FIA World Rally Championship

Post by ronMctube »

been waiting for this for a while as many may know im a rally nut :D

previous wrc games have been okayish but not as good as RBR and Dirt rally. well after playing a short period of time and getting to grips with it now i can say this is a very good rally game.looks very nice plays well on a wheel if you have one and handles good once you got to grips with it. cdkeys currently has this for £20 aswell which is half of steam price.

thought id mention it as i know others on here like rallying and car games.definitely worth a look.doing some videos aswell . ;)
sofresh

Re: WRC 7 - The Official FIA World Rally Championship

Post by sofresh »

I much prefer Dirt 4 if I'm honest. It's crazy challenging, but a lot of fun once you master it.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Still Milestone behind it? Still looking for a successor to RBR. Dirt Rally was the closest with boost of vr but then RBR got vr support. Dirt 4 is just a sequel to dirt 3 pure arcade with magnets to keep you on track.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Dirt 4 was a huge let down.Dirt rally was the best rally game ive played once you set it up right.many rate rbr as the king but i personally think dirt rally is better as it is more realistic to how the cars in real life actually handle.i have driven quite a few of the cars used and even owned some of them so i know what they should feel like :D

Wrc 7 is a good game but you need to tweak it get it right on your wheel.once you got it right its pretty good game.not quite dirt rally good but a solid 8/10.better than dirt 4.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Do you by any chance own a directdrive wheel like the OSW :)
sofresh

Post by sofresh »

I've never used a driving wheel for a racing game, but that sounds dope. I'd love the whole setup though, with pedals and stick too :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

knott wrote:Do you by any chance own a directdrive wheel like the OSW :)
ive owned many wheels from low end to high top end.no i don't have a OSW set up.sorry.if you own the game you just have to try different settings until you get it right.as with any sim type game you have to put in the effort to get the best out of it.

to sofresh, having a wheel pedal set up correctly transforms the experience in good car racing rally games.i personally wouldnt play them without such set ups.also when you push for the absolute top times such as world records which i do you wont generally be as quick with any other type of controller or device than a wheel and pedal set up if you good.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”