player unknown battlegrounds aka PUBG

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
ronMctube
Chat Logger

player unknown battlegrounds aka PUBG

Post by ronMctube »

well who plays it on here ? :D i love it and its a massive game at the moment which is only growing getting better. 8-)
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: player unknown battlegrounds aka PUBG

Post by L3M182 »

I play it but not seriously as it's total luck and RNG. Shows promise though
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

quite a bit of strategy and skill to it i find.generally better player will do better more regular.it is interesting watching how people play the game.wave riding or attacking.im more of a attacking player like to get in early to locations.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

That's just standard practice. But it's about as skill based as thehunter it's all about your luck on any given round. You can land in a key position, get geared straight away get 10 kills and get killed because the circle wasn't on your side. And from personal experience and watching streams you're better off avoiding fights than attacking because fights end at best with you giving away your position, using ammo and meds and wasting time you shoulda spent getting to a good spot and hiding aw worst with you getting clipped with the horrific headshot multiplier. Then you have all the bugs and glitches that would just infuriate me if I was playi seriously. It's basically roulette just try to have as much fun while the wheel is spinning.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

better players will generally win more games.there is a certain amount of luck at start with getting gear but after that its about tactics mainly and aim.once you played quiite a bit its more apparent where the circle will probably go.

won many many games of it now.the end game comes down to mainly pushing correctly. you can hide and hope for the win but in general any decent player with a gameplan will do better than a guy hiding in corn.

i dont get many bugs with the game. one thing for sure is you want a modern pc.

its definitley a skill based game if you want to win more often.thats why its going esports and the people who win the most are those type of players.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Well each to their own. But any game that relies heavly on random loot, random spawn, random final zone is what it sounds like and will have a skill factor of as much as you'd expect. And if you find you can predict any of it enough to come up with a valid game plan before you leave the plane I'll simple ask how many tooth picks are on the ground bud.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well the thing is a player who has a decent fps knowledge or aim or gameplan has a better chance of winning than a guy saying its luck.i win pretty regular.often the end game comes down to if we chose the right way to play the end game. if you dont you lose.thats not luck its how you decide to play thats effects the outcome.

look at the top players they are consistant they win regular.i won many games . 3 yesterday, two today.its down to playing the game skillfully.

a guy can drop get a ak47, you could get a pistol. now you can kill him with a pistol if you accurate.the thing is many certain areas have better loot .so its your choice.you choose wrong thats your own fault.i especially like pubg as it does tend to show who the better players are or punish mistakes on bad mistakes made.that again is not luck.its based about players decisions and not making the right ones at the right times.

its not luck. bad players will use luck as a excuse.

even on a bad loot you will get a shotgun or a uzi in literally every building.used right that kills anything in the game with anything on.at the start games will be close quarters.so uzi full auto shotgun is one shot kill.so there is no luck about it.its deciding where to land.what to pick up.where to go.then tactics.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

I second Ron here. I watched my Cousin play the game and he won 5 out of 7 rounds he played when i watched and it didnt even look like he put major effort into it cause he had some sort of routine and plan that worked out really well for him. Ive tryed it myself and won 1 out of my first 4 rounds that i played that day, as a complete noob to the game, just by playing out my hand in a good way and trying to stay on top of the situations around me.
Preperation , map awareness at all times , decision making , aim - so much points here that can make a good player shine.
The actuall skillcap seems really high in this one.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

so you spawn in on a plane of 100 random players with no SR or rank matching done. That plane is going across the map at a random angle and in a random direction. your best option is to jump someplace with more loot spots as the loot is also random so the more you have the better chance of finding something good. once on the ground and with no prior way to gauge or guess the circle will then appear in a spot thats you guessed it random as will all circles after it just getting smaller inside of that one...... from then on it becomes a game off getting in the circle and staying on the edge of the circle.

ron you forget you make this stuff public on your dgeesio twitter profile mate. you win games with a handful of kills bud. ill agree to say it requires a bit more general fps skill at late game but mid and early game its just RNG. youre not dominating a game if you win and get 3 or 4 kills. Im glad you enjoy it but i disagree, and so do the devs. One of them made a statement in response to all the people kicking off about it being so random. Said something along the lines of they plan on taking steps to reduce the random factor effecting the outcome so heavily but they feel that its success and popularity has been helped by the replayability and surprise of the current game model so it will always carry aspects of that.

fpp mode is better aswell as it cuts out that i can see you but you cant see me effect from someone in a building or behind a tree.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

why would i forget i post wins on my twitter ? :?

the objective of the game is to be the last surviving person is it not ? so if i win i done that ;) not every game is the same sometimes you have high scoring kills some low.i put as you know if you read my twitter like you obviously have just checked if i have low kills. ;) . i prefer high scoring games but the avg for a win for 90 percent of people is 3-5 kills for a win.a decent game is 5-8 kills and a high scoring win is 10 kills plus.

i also play with my squad so realistically you all arent getting 10 kills each.pros dont even do that.so be realistic.

as for luck sorry its more of a skilled game than luck.

if on own yes there is one hundred players.you pick your location its not random.thats your decision.so your outcome is based on your own decision.if you drop at a location and get basic gun you can defend yourself.if you are accurate or a decent player you have a better chance of surviving.the more the game goes on it becomes more about skill and making the right decision.

you could be totally lucky and drop in the area the circle where it finishes but if you no good at the game more than likely you will get took out at the end by a better player who has made the right decisions and looted correctly.

i could kinda slightly agree at the start of the game it could be classed as luck but..as the game progresses there isnt much luck factor at all.its mainly player based decisions.which is a skill.

the circle moves to random place ? you decide to go there. the circles actually land in similar places once you played a lot.this comes with experience.so its experience and skill which effects the outcome for a higher percentage of winning.not luck.

i get you have a differing opinion thats fine. i just dont agree with it. ;)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”