Any BirdHunter 2003 Players Here?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
FastGun
Scout

Any BirdHunter 2003 Players Here?

Post by FastGun »

That's my second favorite game to play. The animal mechanics are as good as we got in theHunter: Classic yes I know graphics are trash but the game gives me a so different taste. I really wondered if any of you play this game and knows how to create custom contents. My favorite map for waterfowl is Minnesota but I really can't find upland on this map :( For upland, I mostly go to South Dakota. What is your favorite maps? let us know ;) and if someone knows where is the best place for dove and woodcock it would be awesome thanks.
xOEDragonx

Re: Any BirdHunter 2003 Players Here?

Post by xOEDragonx »

I used to play Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition but I'm guessing it's not the same game. Perhaps a sequel. While fun, WWE was plagued with bugs. Upland bird hunting would crash the game if you flushed a flock of anything, but turkey hunting and waterfowl hunting were pretty spot on even though the graphics were really rough. That game is partly to blame for why I play thehunter now. I was trying to find another bird hunting simulator with less issues, and found something I think is much better.
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

Played Wild Wings too but as you said upland is bugged and it's a big handicap for such a bird hunting game. Both old games don't have multiplayer and a community so I searched for a game meets my requirements and I am here :D
wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Have played bought Wild Wing an Birdhunter 2003 , but it is a long time ago.
I also searched for a birdhuntergame when I found theHunter 9 years ago. No birds then but it was promissed back then and now they have come inn one by one.
What I miss now is more uplandsbirds.
Also waits for a birdhunter dog that can find the birds, pointer, setter etc.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

wintergoose wrote:What I miss now is more uplandsbirds.
Also waits for a birdhunter dog that can find the birds, pointer, setter etc.
I'm definitely with you on that one. Unfortunately, bird hunting isn't the most popular aspect of this game to many, and the ptarmigans are dreaded by most players I've talked to. I'm not so sure if we can ever expect more upland bird species to be added to the game, or the dogs that go with them, given the response to ptarmigan. I enjoy ptarmigan hunting in this game, love the pheasants and waterfowl and the turkeys are ok but in serious need of a remodel. I would love to see some quail or grouse hunting though, and I'm quite fond of real life dove hunting so that could be a fun challenge in the game... one can only hope!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Birdhunter 2003 was a favorite of mine. I made so much custom content for that game but it became past its prime and the only thing that could run the custom editor right was and old computer which I no longer have had for many years. I think it ran the editor best on Windows millennium as when windows XP came out the editor would not function as good in the map mode and made editing tedious then. Even though I had made some custom content in 2011 with Win 7 pro w/Xp mode running on it.
But to do it right you needed a TGA file converter to make the skins on a paint program for new birds, and at the least XP mode, Serious Editor from the game, the game itself installed, and the patch, and all the expansion packs with custom maps that were made from a lot of other people also.
The A.I. & animation on the birds were amazing then, even if the maps scenery is way outdated now....... :lol:
Have a good 1...............GAS

I don't remember the name of the site for the expansions & stuff but somebody will probably know..... :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on September 5th, 2017, 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”