Need help with volume issues

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Radamus
Master Hunter

Need help with volume issues

Post by Radamus »

I need some help with sound issues using headset- My problem is when hunting and using TS I can't hear TheHunter - I know where lots of settings and preferences are and have been trying anything with no improvement. First off, my hearing isn't perfect and play with a surround sound system and use a puck vol control and really like the setup. I can hear a turkey walking in the leaves if I need to- So that's fine. When I use the headset, can't hear much because the TS comes through fine and I have to run it down quite a bit but still, need to watch the HM to know if something calls and hunt with my eyes. What I think I could use, but haven't found it, is an inline amp for sound with usb plugs. I've found them with round rca plugs but not usb or I don't know what I'm looking for, searching for the wrong thing to solve my issue.
So which one I'm using? G930 - I thought maybe it's the set- went and bought another set, same thing, not loud enough period. Maybe some others that don't hear great anymore might have solved the same thing.
Thanks!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
tbug
Outfitter

Re: Need help with volume issues

Post by tbug »

Might try cranking up the equalizer volume. I had to do that and it helped.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Len, I play with a G930 all the time, and can hear all the game sounds just fine whether I'm on TS or not. Being on TS doesn't change anything. I probably have the 930 volume at about 50% most of the time, because 100% is WAY too loud. I do NOT have super hearing either. So somewhere in the settings or EQ balance or drivers I think you have something set wrong.
Personal Bests...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Len, what did you say? :lol: :lol: At first I thought you couldn't hear theHunter when you were in a Tree Stand. Then I figured out you meant Team Speak. I have a G930 also, and usually play with the volume at 70..sometimes up to 80 when I'm on TgT for Bighorn. Same for Ibex on VdB. I have a hard time hearing the rocks with all the wind noise.

Are you able to open the volume mixer of Windows 10 (assuming you are running Win10) while in game and on TS? It gives you individual controls of each application that is running.

That's all I can contribute, except perhaps download and install the latest drivers. Fletchette is the expert who can probably help you the most.

Question for tbug..how do you crank the volume in the equalizer?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Question for tbug..how do you crank the volume in the equalizer?
That would depend on your sound card and driver. It is different for each one.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I think Fletch and I have worked on this in the past- this is not a new issue for me, it's always been there since the first day of using TS - The problem I have is, it's like TS over-rides hunter, like I said, I have it turned way down, 30 or so now with Hunter at max in the volume mixer.
In the G930 equalizer yes, I have the sounds tweaked, most the bars slid up to max around the mids - Personally, I think Tbug might be on to it- it's my sound card? Lots of people use the same headset and I've never seen this problem mentioned. Maybe it's my card all along????
I also had something strange happen after installing new gfx card - now my surround sound is messed up - where the hell does sound come from anyway? how is it handled? might be a stupid question but I never thought about it honestly-
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

If you are using the G930, it has a built in sound card, which overrides the motherboard sound, and the PCI slot card if you have one. I think I have four sources for sound. The Realtek HD sound built in to the motherboard, the Sound Blaster Audigy card that I installed, the Nvidia HD sound built in to the graphics card, and the Dolby Surround on the G930.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:If you are using the G930, it has a built in sound card, which overrides the motherboard sound, and the PCI slot card if you have one. I think I have four sources for sound. The Realtek HD sound built in to the motherboard, the Sound Blaster Audigy card that I installed, the Nvidia HD sound built in to the graphics card, and the Dolby Surround on the G930.
That makes sense to me now- I've had additional issues with volume since new card- Must be something to do with that.... Stand back, I'm going in :arrow:
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

also make sure in communications that its set to " do nothing "

Sound Control Panel / Communications/Do Nothing.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”