Need your thoughts on my future build...

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Need your thoughts on my future build...

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Hello! So it's been a while since I've played thehunter, long story short, sold pc because it couldn't handle 1440p gaming at all. (Pre-built, could not upgrade) And with the money of my old pc I'm planning to build a new one. Which I want to use to game every AAA game maxed out 60fps no issues, even The Witcher with hairworks, oh yeah :lol:.

Here's what I've been building, I've researched a lot about the parts of the pc and I like all the parts. I don't want the cheapest of the cheapest, I want quality, and looks. Since it's going to be sitting on top of my desk next to me and plan to upgrade in 2 or 3 years.

Here's the PCPartPicker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bRYFr7

Thanks!! Let me know what can I change so I make this PC or more beast or more affordable, cause that can help since this is putting a huge whole in my wallet :mrgreen: .
Spoiler:

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Need your thoughts on my future build...

Post by Fletchette »

With that build I'd spend the extra $200 on a GTX 1080ti......They are 30+% faster than a 1080.
Personal Bests...
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Fletchette wrote:With that build I'd spend the extra $200 on a GTX 1080ti......They are 30+% faster than a 1080.

Which GTX 1080ti? I've heard good things about the aourus from Gigabyte, and the ROG strix, if I do put the 1080ti I want it less than 750 because it's incredibly expensive.
Spoiler:

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Any would be fine, but since I'm a ROG fan I'd go with the Strix. Or you could wait for the Asus ROG Poseidon in a few weeks. It's a hybid that can be air or water cooled. I have (2) Poseidon 960's and they work great. You can start out just letting the fans air cool it, then add water cooling later if you want. Both functions are built in and ready to go.

https://youtu.be/ld7pUcSdJJk

Just stay away from any of the card models that are based on the reference card.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”