Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I think any one here with real hunting experience would agree, the majority would NOT want a real hunting simulator and this game would have bit the dust a long time ago had it really tried to be that.
Exactly. Sitting in the woods seeing nothing is a lot different then sitting at your computer and seeing nothing. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:I think any one here with real hunting experience would agree, the majority would NOT want a real hunting simulator and this game would have bit the dust a long time ago had it really tried to be that.
Exactly. Sitting in the woods seeing nothing is a lot different then sitting at your computer and seeing nothing. :lol:
Yep. That's a way to look at it LOL. I mean really...sitting at your computer and seeing nothing, well just go ahead and close the hunt, maybe restart, or maybe go watch TV. Ahhhhhh, nice and warm, maybe go to the fridge.... ;)
Sitting in a stand in real life and seeing nothing: You MUST remain silent, and have to stay there because damn, you still have 4 hours to go. There is no restart. And that wind blowing right at your face, that stinging, cold wind, just doesn't wanna let up. Oh wait!! Was that a branch breaking behind me? Nope. Just a bird. Or maybe imagination.
And that's just the start. Let's not even get into the actual act of killing a deer or whatever. Keep in mind, death is death. And it's never pretty. That trophy buck doesn't just magically turn into Deer steaks, and it certainly doesn't just magically lose all the rest of it for a head-only mount. ;)
Ok, InstinctiveArcher, I'd say that MAYBE we shed a little light for the gamers who insist that this is a sim LOL
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
Yep. That's a way to look at it LOL. I mean really...sitting at your computer and seeing nothing, well just go ahead and close the hunt, maybe restart, or maybe go watch TV. Ahhhhhh, nice and warm, maybe go to the fridge.... ;)
Sitting in a stand in real life and seeing nothing: You MUST remain silent, and have to stay there because damn, you still have 4 hours to go. There is no restart. And that wind blowing right at your face, that stinging, cold wind, just doesn't wanna let up. Oh wait!! Was that a branch breaking behind me? Nope. Just a bird. Or maybe imagination.
And that's just the start. Let's not even get into the actual act of killing a deer or whatever. Keep in mind, death is death. And it's never pretty. That trophy buck doesn't just magically turn into Deer steaks, and it certainly doesn't just magically lose all the rest of it for a head-only mount. ;)
Ok, InstinctiveArcher, I'd say that MAYBE we shed a little light for the gamers who insist that this is a sim LOL
Yep, we're getting there LOL.
You've also got to take into account you don't get to watch the sun break over the hills and bring everything to life, frost glittering on everything, or the puffs of steam rolling from a deer or bugling elk. They don't get to smell crushed sweet ferns or crisp fall air. Lots of things are missing. I also agree with you that death is a totally different thing irl then in a game. I don't think a lot of people really get it. Hey EW, you have my permission to implement anything I have mentioned above in the game. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

We don't use hunting or tree stands to hunt in NZ. So this game has been interesting for me from that point of perspective. Yeah I killed my first rabbit when I was 7. I cried like a little baby at first. But then Dad explained it was a good shot and it died fast. So there was no pain, we could eat the rabbit and we were doing the farmers a favor. Everything we hunt in NZ is a pest. The only season we have is for ducks. Because the rest are terrible to our natural animals and plants. So you can shoot them all year round. We even have wild horses that get shot. So we don't have respect for the animals over here like you guys do in Europe and USA. Because they are not welcome, but shooting properly and killing fast is still taught.

I shot my first European Boar out of a stand about two weeks ago. I have to say I truely enjoyed it. People laugh in NZ and think it's lazy, easy and not very sporting. But it was intense, nice to have coffee and the suspense was killing me. So it's a completely different style of hunting, it's less demanding but just as exciting it's own different way. You hardcore hunters should come hunt NZ one day... it will open your eyes up. We have Elk (Wapiti), Red, WT, Rusa, Sambar, Roe, Sika, Fellow, goats, Thar, Chamois, wallabies, possums, rabbits, hares, turkeys, Ibex (?) and I'm bound to have missed something... that you can shoot all year round :)

TK
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Well this game just got a very big update.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/585080/ ... 1436578717

They might be doing something correctly, not interested yet in picking the game up unless they keep adding features and better things to the game, only then I might consider it again.
Spoiler:

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It was supposed to never get updated?
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

caledonianblues wrote:
knott wrote:EW has already made a better hunting simulator then the hunter Classic. Bugged bow aiming and all :)
That's a matter of opinion. A huge amount of effort went into Call of the Wild, and it's a great achievement. But for me, Classic appeals much more. For some "a better hunting game" means improved graphics and a modern engine, but that always comes at the cost of far less content and functionality. I would not be willing to sacrifice the content and functionality that Classic offers for a new engine and better visuals. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Call of the Wild that I love, and it looks beautiful, but it just doesn't have nearly enough of the things I love about Classic.

By the way neither of them are simulators.
I totally agree.
Anyway, I think the appeal and naturalness of theHunter classic are unique and inimitable.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

What is the state of Hunting simulator now? Worth purchasing?
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

knott wrote:What is the state of Hunting simulator now? Worth purchasing?

Not yet.
Spoiler:

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

What is the most glaring game breaking bugs? I mean you could say the same about Classic if you are mean :)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”