Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by DYEUZ »

Wow ! So not that good then in the long run . What could be missing , for it to be real good ?
Maybe give me 3 good / bad aspect of game please .
Thx again for your thoughts , appreciate it because i had good hopes for this game .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

DYEUZ wrote:Wow ! So not that good then in the long run . What could be missing , for it to be real good ?
Maybe give me 3 good / bad aspect of game please .
Thx again for your thoughts , appreciate it because i had good hopes for this game .
I will come back when I unlocked the entire campaign but essentially the amount of content versus the quality of it. But if you like hunting you will have some fun of it but I would only recommend it for those that played classic and cotw and cabela pro hunter a lot and just want something different to then maybe come back to those :). Don´t forget Cabela Pro hunter just because it´s being Cabelas it´s actually not that bad at all.
sofresh

Post by sofresh »

Can't stand the bullet cam, but I think it's trending less and less. You actually had the option to switch it off in Sniper 3: Ghost Warrior.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I promised to come back when I unlocked all locations but it now looks like that will never happen... Yes I am getting bored with it already. I got my money worth but not much more.

Missions they are just exactly the same. War never changes. Frustratingly you never know what you will unlock I have 4 locations (I think from memory haven´t touched it in a week or two) I haven´t unlocked ye. Done numerous missions but scents unlocked, callers unlocked and what not unlocked... One of them is shooting ducks so that I could as well ignore but you need to do missions to progress further so it´s hard to jump anything. Duck hunting is more convenient then in The Hunter Classic you don´t really have to use the callers it´s just for the pros but it soon get monotonous for me just not my thing.

As for the locations the graphics engine can´t handle vegation. So locations where vegetation is sparce look the best. Rocky Mountain was actually a pleasant place to walk around in. Good sound and felt more winter then the hunter classic winter reserves. Of course I am dead certain COTWs Taiga expension will blow it out of the water and I would not recommend getting the game just for that. Some reserves is downright ugly. I did recently get a Philips 4K OLED 55" television and I had jaws to the floor how great COTW looked on it. The contrast and all is out of this world on OLEDs and they have all the benefits of unison picture of the plasma technology with sublime viewing angles. I sit 1 metre from it and it just looks insane. However Hunting Simulator really didn´t scale at all. I booted up Classic and it looked absolutely marvellous but somehow hunter Simulator managed to look just like before on my 1080p and 2560x1080p monitors.

There is no variation in term of weapons. I unlocked 4 rifles or so but they all feel the same. I have a million different scopes that have the same magnification and it´s just super lazy add them just to have something to unlock every time you do a mission? And dunno if the different ammunitions make a real difference? For example bears. They always and I mean always take three shots to take down regardless of rifle used or weither it´s a black, brown bear or a grizzly. Has anybody managed to do it on 1 or even two shots? I tried the 4 different weapons but they all take three shots even when you think that must be lungs. Bow or pistol hunting that require you to get closer would actually make for some challenge.

Lack of variation is a common theme and is why you get tired of it soon. I really don´t have to visit the last 4 locations I know they won´t offer any difference.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Look at this until he kills moose. https://youtu.be/mZjzbzJ6e-E?t=474
Look at this too https://youtu.be/mZjzbzJ6e-E?t=1112

And that was all you needed to be convinced this "hunting Simulator" sucks! :mrgreen:
I hate when game devs abuse the word "Simulator" for their arcade poo-tier games.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

What is odd about that moose hunt?
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

knott wrote:What is odd about that moose hunt?
Not sure if trolling... :mrgreen:

If it's not obvious it's impossible to explain.
But I will try to give a few
The superhero tactical sci-fi overlay next to the crosshair makes me rage.
"The sound came from that location" ) GUI pointer.
The bulle time, it's cool yeah, but no thanks
The MUUU sound of moose get shot.
The blood flying, the hit detection, the everything on the screen!!1 :twisted: :lol:

It's just horrible and awful in my eyes!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yeah but all hunting games have gamey huds. I believe you can disable it all together in hunting simulator if I recall right. Bullet time is also optional. Sound locator may be not though I haven´t even thought of it but it´s in classic and cotw as well. Irl you can more accurately track sounds then using stereo speakers or headphones so I think it´s a fair aid. Maybe not in classic because you get it on the minimap you don´t just get the pointer to the direction like in COTW.

Probably right about the Muuu sound. I didn´t see all that much blood but then I am playing regular fps games as well so I may be insensitive to it :p

I don´t argue it´s not a hardcore simulator. There is no such thing on the market today from what I have found. COTW is what come closest I feel if you ignore some perks. I have deer hunter 2005 left to explore but doubt I ever will :p
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

I bought this game for PS4, after couple of time playing I decided to purchase a laptop with GTX 1060 and get back to reality.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”