Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
dools24
Tracker

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by dools24 »

knott wrote:What is the most glaring game breaking bugs? I mean you could say the same about Classic if you are mean :)
All the hunter bugs wouldn't be that bad and players would stay if they could fix them quicker almost 1 year to fix each game breaking one that's why not many stick round
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

dools24 wrote:
knott wrote:What is the most glaring game breaking bugs? I mean you could say the same about Classic if you are mean :)
All the hunter bugs wouldn't be that bad and players would stay if they could fix them quicker almost 1 year to fix each game breaking one that's why not many stick round
Well a single player game generally only last some 12h. I am probably getting it on a sale because I am dead curious anyway but I have noticed that newer reviews is much better then the ones on release. So they seem to fix the bugs somewhat :)
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i watched a couple of videos of the "Hunting Simulator", and it made me wonder a couple of things...(1) why do you have to re-apply the cover scent every minute or so..( i guess it's a cheap import scent. :o ) :lol: ....(2), with graphics that remind me of the Gabela's and Hunting Unlimited,...how do they think it's worth $39.99 ?....to play as a break from theHunter "CLASSIC" i can see. but for a (!&%#@$&*) $40.00, no (*&%$&@#$&) way...i might buy it for $9.97 and if it was on disk at Walmart...it showed room for improvement,.....a lot of room :lol: . but, it's something you could waste time on....although i looked, i did not find anything saying what all you get for $39.99...how many weapons, what callers, you know, all the stuff you need to go hunting...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Couldn´t resist my curiousity bought it for 23 euro. I am now in the honeymoon where there is first for everything. Time just flies away. Must eat so I can hunt my first moose. No crashes I did encounter one session where I somehow warped back to my starting position but that´s it.

Visuals are good but there is to much popin on the vegetation. My only big issue. It looks cleaner mainly due to less dense vegetation then in cotw. More reminiscent of the Hunter classic. Animal models is way more realistic then in classic. A fox actually look like a fox. May even be better then COTW in the animations sometimes.

Have not unlocked much in rifles but the .22 and .243 and .270 just about feels the same. Some reviewer suggest there is no bullet drop this is false like crazy currently. It´s amazing how many bad youtubers there is out there. I am not in a position to say weither the bullet drop is realistic but over 100 metre I surely have to compensate a bit with the .243.

As for sound I am testing out my new bass shaker and here Hunting simulator really shines over classic and cotw. In classic hardly ever get to work when releasing a bow or a gun shot of course but not much more. Stronger thud in Hunting simulator and the best is the heart beat sound when you hit the hold breath button. That together with the slomo bullet cam. Very pedagogical help in learning to aim correctly for vitals though not quite as well developed as in cabelas pro hunter. You can disable it including all huds if you want to go all in for realism.

Only able to hunt in two areas at the moment. Quite restricted in size but there is no wrong in them besides the limited size. Not sure I am hunting the entire map though but maybe I am. That will be a big con if so when I am done with the unlockings.

Missions seem sadly to not be that much developed over COTW. No cheesy and charmy story line as in cabelas pro hunter but the lone wolf thingie suits me ;)

I will for sure get the money worth out of this. I don´t think it´s expensive at 35 euro.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

thanks knott for the info....what items do you get when you buy and start playing the game ? how do you unlock other items ?...on the videos i watched, it seems they use the bullet cam on every shot that is a hit. i may be wrong but, on earlier hunting they use the bullet cam on vital hits only..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

You start with a .243 and a shotgun. Then you unlock new gear and maps as you complete missions. Which of I have only encountered one type so far. Shoot an animal :). I have come so far as unlock alps which is duck hunting. Bullet cam shows whenever I hit something at range. If the distance is to short there is no bullet cam. If you miss they have tracer bullets so you can still get an idea how to correct.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx for these infos about that game . Will deffo look into it !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

One more day. Unlocked about half the locations. Honeymoon period do start to fade but still fun despite the lack of progress in term of missions. It´s starting to get really robotic. Mission setup is exactly the same it´s a really monotonous set of hunt x number of species y. Only gun I unlocked after the .270 is the tranquilizer but the .270 is enough for everything so far together with .22 for small game. Moose is the toughest I have hunted so far and it has enough stopping power for these slow easy targets. Unlocks exist of a lot of kind of meaningless scopes where none is zoomable and just different crosshairs.

Besides that unlocked night vision goggles, range finder, flashlight. It´s quite clear by now it´s no match for COTW but as a change of pace it´s great. Considering the release date graphics is not impressive and I want to give artistic design to classic as well as COTW over it it´s a good thing there is so many areas to compensate though.
As for bugs have one big issue. I don´t know if it´s just for specific scopes but sometimes when looking down it I can´t pan it smooth. It´s like it´s digital and you use the keyboard to aim around or there is some aim aid kicking in? But most often it´s smooth not sure what is happening.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...thx again. Nice review ...Helpful ...

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Now I am starting to get fed up... It´s so generic. I will unlock all the locations and get the first of every species at least then I am probably done with it. Still get my money worth but if you have 35 euro for this or 35 euro for COTW it´s a no brainer for sure. Later is better in every single area :)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”