Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by D3AKUs »

TheSheWolf wrote:The trailer... at around 1:20 says "we're off to find a brown bear!" and then "There it is!" at a black bear. It is a black bear, looks like a black bear, shaped like a black bear, black with a brown muzzle, listed as a "brown bear."

This... does not bode well for them.
If u watch along careful u will notice how the narator talks about a shotgun while the hunter clearly has a rifle xD a little bit stupid.

I think this one is going to be more fast paced and casual. If u watch the trailers carefully u can even see that all deer and elk seem to have the same sized racks.
Its definitly not going to be as deep of a simulation as the hunter.
Which isnt bad if it still is fun and works well at its core mechanics.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I noticed that "herd of whitetail bucks" with identical antlers, yeah, the whole thing is strange lol.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

only time and price will tell....i still take deer hunter '04' & '05' for a hunt now and then....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

outrider wrote:only time and price will tell....i still take deer hunter '04' & '05' for a hunt now and then....
From what i have gathered its going to be 40 bucks. Which is more then i expected.
If it was 20-30 i would have instantly grabbed it i think. Ill probably wait for some lets plays and first looks on release day now.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

TheSheWolf wrote:I noticed that "herd of whitetail bucks" with identical antlers, yeah, the whole thing is strange lol.
Ha, yeah, groups of whitetail bucks aren't exactly a common site during the hunting season. Maybe VERY early in the archery season depending on where you live, but otherwise, the last thing they want to be around is their bachelor friends.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

D3AKUs wrote:
outrider wrote:only time and price will tell....i still take deer hunter '04' & '05' for a hunt now and then....
From what i have gathered its going to be 40 bucks. Which is more then i expected.
If it was 20-30 i would have instantly grabbed it i think. Ill probably wait for some lets plays and first looks on release day now.

yep, 20 to 30 is more in my range too.....but, if i have to upgrade m pc, it will add to the cost....sadly....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Damn, this Game is bad :lol:
I hope i get my refund fast from Steam.

I have played it for an hour now i think and its a horrible experience.
Its nowhere near what u saw in those Trailer. This has to be a prime example of the most missleading garbage ive seen in years. And ive worked with video games for nearly 20 years now

Dont touch it.
It uses Unreal 4 engine and and still manages to look terrible - its just awful. The landscapes seem to be empty wasteland without any character.
Theres invisible terrain where u move 10-20 meter above the Ground.
Invisible barriers blocking shots.
The animal behaviour is laughable at best.
Animal animations look like they slide on ice.
U unlock your stuff through a Mission based "campaign" without any backround to it. The reserves are locked behind those missions too.
Free hunt offers literally nothing - u just roam around an shoot stuff and it makes zero sense cause u cant unluck stuff or see a score somewhere.
Antler size is the same on all species with racks.
Weapon sounds are ... those arent even weapons sounds ... i dont know what to say.

The tracking System is a joke, animal calls are way to silent even if the animal is directly in your face.

The whole animal anatomy System (if u can even call it like that) is a joke - its literally a headshot simulator to drop em on the spot - if u are lucky and the game doesnt mess up. Otherwise even if u aim for vitals u have to shoot the poor things multiple times and they are so dumb they wont even run most of the time after they already ate 2 bullets. I had a sheep that ate 4 bullets from a .243 before it dropped - even tho the first hit must have been a vital hit :roll:

JUST DONT BUY THIS GAME.

btw they offer a Day 1 DLC for 3 bucks ,to unlock bigger calibers from the get go - even tho they stated today in the steam discussion they wont have microtransactions :lol:

Thank god we got theHunter.
Havent played theHunter now for a week cause i got no real time atm - and jumping in only for 30-60 minutes isnt really fun - i am thankful its there, and how good it is - knowing i can enjoy it when i have more time again.
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

You are so right D3AKUS. Well at least there are dozens of animals, you don't even need a tracking system at Hunting Simulator (even on the hardest difficulty). I even have the feeling it is much more hard to find something to kill at "Serious Sam".
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Game is tragedy..

Best moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=254pIzYqVcc
1h 06m 30s
Braylin50
Tracker

Post by Braylin50 »

Unfortunately, this game will be no competition to TheHunter. You basically run around and shoot animals. No competitions, no stat tracking, animal scores mean nothing. Don't waste your time or money thinking you are getting something better than we have here.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”