Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Re: Hunting Simulator - Release June 2017

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Horrible game, bought it and played max 10 mins refunded it afterwards. :lol:
Spoiler:

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVCFg49kwU

I may try it just because how awkward is the steam refund process? If it´s still under development I may wait there is no hurry cotw is excellent. Is the drone available right away? Would be interesting how that game mechanic work :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

knott wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVCFg49kwU

I may try it just because how awkward is the steam refund process? If it´s still under development I may wait there is no hurry cotw is excellent. Is the drone available right away? Would be interesting how that game mechanic work :)
This is a one-time release and is not in constant development. Don't expect to have any patches or content additions to the game. Don't worry though, the developer says that's because it's a "Premium" title. :)

BTW, Steam refund process is quick & easy.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I didn't find that review very helpful. It is so full of hyperbolic metaphors that the specific point always gets drowned out or obscured. And the visuals weren't much help either. There was no explanation for the discrepancy between what was being shown vs. what was being described. I would give this review a 4 out of 10. Hopefully someone else will take the time to make a more coherent assessment, so that I don't have to buy it myself just to get a better feel for it.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

JimboCrow wrote:

I didn't find that review very helpful. It is so full of hyperbolic metaphors that the specific point always gets drowned out or obscured. And the visuals weren't much help either. There was no explanation for the discrepancy between what was being shown vs. what was being described. I would give this review a 4 out of 10. Hopefully someone else will take the time to make a more coherent assessment, so that I don't have to buy it myself just to get a better feel for it.
There isn´t really any useful reviews you just have to try it yourself and build your own opinion. You can watch video to get an idea of the sound and graphics and some. You must do the dirty work yourself you can´t take somebodys else gospel for it. There is a lot of wrong ideas about call of the wild florishing on this forum from people that hasn´t run it just going on by reviews and their experience with classic :)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

knott wrote:There isn´t really any useful reviews you just have to try it yourself and build your own opinion. You can watch video to get an idea of the sound and graphics and some. You must do the dirty work yourself you can´t take somebodys else gospel for it. There is a lot of wrong ideas about call of the wild florishing on this forum from people that hasn´t run it just going on by reviews and their experience with classic :)
In reality though, a lot of gamers -do- base their game purchases on video reviews. If I'm going to buy a game, I often watch videos first and in some cases I've decided not to proceed based on what I've watched. I'm sure over the years I've probably missed out on some good games, but that's how reviews work. They are very influencing in the gaming industry. Some people don't want to take the plunge and buy a game, only to find out it's not for them.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

caledonianblues wrote:In reality though, a lot of gamers -do- base their game purchases on video reviews. If I'm going to buy a game, I often watch videos first and in some cases I've decided not to proceed based on what I've watched. I'm sure over the years I've probably missed out on some good games, but that's how reviews work. They are very influencing in the gaming industry. Some people don't want to take the plunge and buy a game, only to find out it's not for them.
They might get reported, as STEAM initiated a program sometime when there are big differences between the advertising content and real gameplay.
Code: Select all
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

nachthexe wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:In reality though, a lot of gamers -do- base their game purchases on video reviews. If I'm going to buy a game, I often watch videos first and in some cases I've decided not to proceed based on what I've watched. I'm sure over the years I've probably missed out on some good games, but that's how reviews work. They are very influencing in the gaming industry. Some people don't want to take the plunge and buy a game, only to find out it's not for them.
They might get reported, as STEAM initiated a program sometime when there are big differences between the advertising content and real gameplay.
Do you know of any examples of Steam actually taking any action though? The most blatant case that I know of is No Man's Sky, and even they were cleared of any wrongdoing by Steam, who said they weren't in violation of their policy. Still, the outrage was bad enough that people were getting refunds far beyond the 2 hour limit. I think the reason for that was that you didn't know certain features weren't actually in the game until far beyond 2 hours.

As for myself, I rely pretty heavily on reviews and I don't put a lot of trust in video game media (IGN, GameSpot, etc) so I watch YouTube reviews & gameplay videos before I make a decision. The only exception would be if it's a developer that I trust or an IP that I'm familiar with.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Hawkeye wrote:Do you know of any examples of Steam actually taking any action though? The most blatant case that I know of is No Man's Sky, and even they were cleared of any wrongdoing by Steam, who said they weren't in violation of their policy. Still, the outrage was bad enough that people were getting refunds far beyond the 2 hour limit. I think the reason for that was that you didn't know certain features weren't actually in the game until far beyond 2 hours.

As for myself, I rely pretty heavily on reviews and I don't put a lot of trust in video game media (IGN, GameSpot, etc) so I watch YouTube reviews & gameplay videos before I make a decision. The only exception would be if it's a developer that I trust or an IP that I'm familiar with.
I found this article concerning false claims in visuals:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/11/ ... uct-pages/
Code: Select all
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

nachthexe wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Do you know of any examples of Steam actually taking any action though? The most blatant case that I know of is No Man's Sky, and even they were cleared of any wrongdoing by Steam, who said they weren't in violation of their policy. Still, the outrage was bad enough that people were getting refunds far beyond the 2 hour limit. I think the reason for that was that you didn't know certain features weren't actually in the game until far beyond 2 hours.

I found this article concerning false claims in visuals:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/11/ ... uct-pages/
Also mentions No Man's Sky, but again, no action was taken there, which is mind-boggling.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”