Kholat - A game about the Dyatlov Pass incident

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Kholat - A game about the Dyatlov Pass incident

Post by MooseHunter330 »

This one looks promising. I just bought it and might be able to report back with some experience tomorrow.
Has a cool vibe to it. Kinda Dangerous Hunts like but not calling itsself a hunting game.
Also- it's 80% off right now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/343710/
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Kholat - A game about the Dyatlov Pass incident

Post by caledonianblues »

Artwork looks really great, I bet it's very atmospheric. I'd be iterested to hear your thoughts after having played it for a bit. Really interesting subject too!
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Kholat - A game about the Dyatlov Pass incident

Post by MooseHunter330 »

You bet it's atmospheric. I just played it for two hours or so. The landscape is stunning and it still runs pretty good on my laptop.
The story is pretty intriguing (is that how you spell it?!) and you will certainly want to find out every nook and cranny of it. (Might get disappointed, though. I haven't really found out much yet).
The scenery is where it's at, though. It is stunning and horrifying at the same time. There are some moments, in which even the slightest movement in your room will give you a heart attack.
It takes the full moon mission from Dangerous Hunts, stuffs the plotholes and increases the fear factor by 10.

For a verdict I can say, that it is worth the 4$ if you have them lying around. Some environments would fit into the hunter quite well, too.
Everybody who likes thrillers and can take a scare, I recommend this game to.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”