Which is the best game recording software?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JohnJefry

Which is the best game recording software?

Post by JohnJefry »

I am struggling to record the games in my computer. I wanted to record games for my newly started Youtube channel. I have found this list https://www.techquintal.com/best-game-r ... -software/ of software. But can you please suggest me which game recording software should I buy? The reviews looks good for the Action! recorder. Should I buy it? Or does it worth buying. Please help me. Expecting an answer soon.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Which is the best game recording software?

Post by HooCairs »

From those 10 listed, I have tested myself these
2. ShadowPlay
3. Open Broadcaster Software
4. Bandicam
6. Dxtory
8. Windows 10 Game Bar
9. Fraps

I am now very convinced of Bandicam. The problems with the others are
2. bad sound recording quality
3. very technical, not user friendly
6. horrible interface
8. doesn't always recognize that a game is running, didn't like the interface
9. creates massive files, can drag your FPS down
JohnJefry wrote:Expecting an answer soon.
Sorry it took so long! :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I sure would like to know what your settings are for Bandicam, Hoo. I can never seem to get it right, so my videos are not good. And sometimes the sound doesn't record, so those settings are wrong too. I use Shadow Play, because it's pretty much PnP. Everything comes out right. But I agree about the massive files.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I sure would like to know what your settings are for Bandicam, Hoo. I can never seem to get it right, so my videos are not good. And sometimes the sound doesn't record, so those settings are wrong too. I use Shadow Play, because it's pretty much PnP. Everything comes out right. But I agree about the massive files.
I have a German interface but you can read the values.

If the sounds doesn't record you should check the dropdowns under Video -> Recording section -> Settings -> Sound tab
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

HooCairs wrote: I am now very convinced of Bandicam. The problems with the others are
I hope you get some sort of "kickback" ;) for promoting this one. That quote was all it took & I bought it. :D
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Violator31 wrote:
HooCairs wrote: I am now very convinced of Bandicam. The problems with the others are
I hope you get some sort of "kickback" ;) for promoting this one. That quote was all it took & I bought it. :D
No kickback but hopefully you won't tar and feather me if it does not suit you. :)
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

HooCairs wrote:
Violator31 wrote:
No kickback but hopefully you won't tar and feather me if it does not suit you. :)
I've just been doing a couple of practice runs so I won't get frustrated when I want it to work. I haven't done any lengthy videos yet so I can't judge it by the size of the file, which was my main complaint with Fraps.
It seems to be comparable as far as setting and such, so that hasn't been a problem I like the quality of the video & screenshots.
So, so far I haven't stoked the fire under the tar kettle. :D
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I sure would like to know what your settings are for Bandicam, Hoo. I can never seem to get it right, so my videos are not good. And sometimes the sound doesn't record, so those settings are wrong too. I use Shadow Play, because it's pretty much PnP. Everything comes out right. But I agree about the massive files.
I have a German interface but you can read the values.

If the sounds doesn't record you should check the dropdowns under Video -> Recording section -> Settings -> Sound tab
Perfect Hoo! It works great now! :D Thanks so much!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

Ive been using shadowplay for a while with no problems What so ever, and I think I would have stuck with that tbh. But once again personal preferences,
If I ever switch out shadowplay, it would be for an elgato :-)
Milosanx

Post by Milosanx »

I've had an Avermedia c875 for some time, which is great at is doesn't tax the cpu being a standalone unit. If I had to get another I'd probably get an Elgato. I don't know about others, but the C875 records you mic as a separate file which is great.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”