new PC monitor ideas

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
knott
Outfitter

Re: new PC monitor ideas

Post by knott »

Depending on budget don´t forget the tv side of things! Size does matter it´s quite a big factor I would say. Much more competition keep costs down on tvs despite some extra costs involved. Main problem is finding models that don´t have to much input lag. Though the hunter is not twitch shooters so it´s not all to important compared to games where timing is everything.

Resolution also matters more but my 50" W6 I do preferr quite heavilly over my 35" ultrawide. As much as I like the latter but it´s just not much in term of panel size. It´s like 2 27" models and it´s not enough even 50 cm from the face. I can´t have my 50" that close because it has to large distances between pixels. It´s rather that then the lowish 1080p resolution that prevents sitting that close. Plasma is much better in that regard and it´s the same resolution. Not every panel is created with the same dpi and this spec is rarely included in the specs when you buy a tv. A bit more regular on monitors and in general they are designed to not have huge gaps where on tvs where you are expected to sit some metres away you find more that has big dpi issues.

Whilst my W6 is a semi budget panel it´s a lot better then any computer monitor panels I seen. But if you sit a bit away the first thing that disappear is the blemishes I have noticed but yet another reason to go for a larger screen over smaller. I must sit close to my 35" ultrawide to get any kind of fov going.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”