i5 7600k or i7 7700k?

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
\m/
Outfitter

Re: i5 7600k or i7 7700k?

Post by \m/ »

Actual Arma3 version now supports 64bit, should improve the performance on heavily scripted missions/mods a lot, if the server also uses 64bit. Exile has only some ai, should always run good.

Try setting up EVERYTHING at max/ultra etc with all viewdistances to 4000m+ (via ingame mission-script) on a arma3 invade&annex server with 40+ players on, and you will know what your cpu can handle :-), gpu has low prio in arma
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:Actual Arma3 version now supports 64bit, should improve the performance on heavily scripted missions/mods a lot, if the server also uses 64bit. Exile has only some ai, should always run good.

Try setting up EVERYTHING at max/ultra etc with all viewdistances to 4000m+ (via ingame mission-script) on a arma3 invade&annex server with 40+ players on, and you will know what your cpu can handle :-), gpu has low prio in arma
Yep I saw the difference in multiple ways. First I can`t find the sever I am playing on for last month or so, I don`t know if the new update is the reason for that. The same gaming community has 2 new looking Altis maps and one is with zombies, but that is not even relevant since I have upgraded and re-installed the windows and OF COURSE FORGOT TO SAVE MY PROFILE FILES and now all my status, base level 3, money and all the stash is lost so even if I find the servers my character is on reset 8-). The thing is still little bit buggy, my gameplay is jumping from 60FPS to 30FPS and back again, when I walk I can see thermal waves in front of me (like ghosts in a movies), but all in all, at Altis Terminal I have steady 45FPS which was constant 12-17 FPS before with the old cpu.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Normally your stash, base etc is saved serverside with your steam-id, not at your client. Means serveradmins could have wiped the database, or deleted your chardatas, or the server is fresh installed, or its simple an error.
Serverfiles (mission/mod) must be also edited/scripted for 64bit, without this the server does run like at 32bit - without improvements for clients.

Didnt tried the new update, but before i was playing at complete maxed out settings with 9000m at all viewdistance-settings and nearly constant 60 client-fps (vsync on), only at milsim-missions with 300 or more ai in range the client-fps dropped sometimes to 55. Will test the current version in the next days, a lot of work at moment.
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:Normally your stash, base etc is saved serverside with your steam-id, not at your client. Means serveradmins could have wiped the database, or deleted your chardatas, or the server is fresh installed, or its simple an error.
Serverfiles (mission/mod) must be also edited/scripted for 64bit, without this the server does run like at 32bit - without improvements for clients.

Didnt tried the new update, but before i was playing at complete maxed out settings with 9000m at all viewdistance-settings and nearly constant 60 client-fps (vsync on), only at milsim-missions with 300 or more ai in range the client-fps dropped sometimes to 55. Will test the current version in the next days, a lot of work at moment.
Maybe you are right, although you can have more than 1 profile in Arma 3 and I was playing with 2nd because the 1st was name of my computer, that is why I thought these files are important. Anyways, I started again from scratch.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Your local profiles contains name, charmodel etc ..nothing which is rly important for servers. You can use different profiles while playing on one server, for the server only your steamid is important for saving your progress.
(Hosting Arma-servers since “a few years“ ..from a2 until now :-) )
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:Your local profiles contains name, charmodel etc ..nothing which is rly important for servers. You can use different profiles while playing on one server, for the server only your steamid is important for saving your progress.
(Hosting Arma-servers since “a few years“ ..from a2 until now :-) )
Than everything was probably deleted anyways. Although I was wondering, if server remember only Steam ID and if I play with 3 different profiles on the same server, which progress is saved under the steam ID in case I re-install OS? Sorry for dumb questions I am little bit confused.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

If the mod can handle different profiles/saves at one steamid -not many mods do this correct- , you only need to change the name back to the name of the profile you wish to play on normally. Each combo of name&id should have its own server-savings in the database in that case.
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:If the mod can handle different profiles/saves at one steamid -not many mods do this correct- , you only need to change the name back to the name of the profile you wish to play on normally. Each combo of name&id should have its own server-savings in the database in that case.
I played with one profile all the time and I think they re-constructed the whole thing because they have new name of the server and some old players from previous server are there as well. I think my status is deleted. Thx for the answers.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Ludante wrote:Hey guys,

I`ve been looking at some reviews on the internet and was wondering if someone has some opinion in this case scenario.

For a "budget upgrade" (simply because tech is making progress every 6 months) from AMD A10 CPU to Intel platform do you think that i7 7700k is "a must" or it is ok to go with i5 7600k which is very good performer and it can be overclocked to 5.0 Ghz same as i7 7700k with only slight difference in FPS and performance. It is 100€ cheaper (in local online shop the difference is 130€) and you can get descent Z270 mobo for 144€. Waiting couple of minutes more for rendering is not a problem. Gamer`s reviews are mostly positive about i5 7600k.

What do you think?
I havnt looked at the specs but im assuming the difference is multi threading, If you are doing stuff like video encoding go with the i7, purely for gaming, you will notice no difference, most games dont support MT.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”