AMD Ryzen CPU - Prices & Launch Date

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: AMD Ryzen CPU - Prices & Launch Date

Post by JimboCrow »

Ludante wrote:Local online store is charging 41% (+-) higher price than recommended for pre-order (428,88 EUR).
I would certainly shop around if I were you then. My local supplier is taking preorders for the 1700 for $440 CDN, which is about 317.50 EUR.

The 1800X is going for $660 CDN. The comparable Intel 6900K is $1500 CDN in the same store. That's right folks, a better CPU for less than half the price. I just ordered mine with MSI X-370 Titanium mobo for $1060. :D :D :D :D :D
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

JimboCrow wrote:
Ludante wrote:Local online store is charging 41% (+-) higher price than recommended for pre-order (428,88 EUR).
I would certainly shop around if I were you then. My local supplier is taking preorders for the 1700 for $440 CDN, which is about 317.50 EUR.

The 1800X is going for $660 CDN. The comparable Intel 6900K is $1500 CDN in the same store. That's right folks, a better CPU for less than half the price. I just ordered mine with MSI X-370 Titanium mobo for $1060. :D :D :D :D :D
Excellent..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Hardtree
Scout

Post by Hardtree »

The local prices (Germany online) are good in proportion I maintain:)
http://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Proz ... l+AM4.html
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Hardtree wrote:The local prices (Germany online) are good in proportion I maintain:)
http://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Proz ... l+AM4.html
Slovenia
https://www.enaa.com/oddelki/racunalnis ... tType=desc
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JimboCrow wrote:AMD chips have always been a very good value for any budget conscious computer shopper. These chips, however, at first look, are a game changer. Your move Intel.
Agreed. This can only be a good thing for Intel fans. Hopefully this will force them to drop their prices a bit. I paid a silly amount for the i7-6950X and if the Ryzen performs as predicted, well, it's going to offer consumers far more bang for their buck.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

caledonianblues wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:AMD chips have always been a very good value for any budget conscious computer shopper. These chips, however, at first look, are a game changer. Your move Intel.
Agreed. This can only be a good thing for Intel fans. Hopefully this will force them to drop their prices a bit. I paid a silly amount for the i7-6950X and if the Ryzen performs as predicted, well, it's going to offer consumers far more bang for their buck.
I'm really surprised by how low AMD's pricing is on these chips. With Intel having set the price point for comparable CPUs much higher, I would have thought AMD might have leveraged more profit. But instead, their extremely aggressive marketing strategy is the gauntlet for a price war. In the meantime, I wouldn't be surprised to see advertisements for these Ryzen chips at much higher prices on eBay, when supply can't meet the demand.

(Side note: It remains to be seen if their Vega GPUs will close the gap enough to use similar tactics against nVidia.)
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

People do still of course have to factor in the fact that the Ryzen 7 is a new chipset. So that means a new motherboard on top of the price, and if people want CrossFire support then it needs to be the X370. I would budget around $750-800 USD for the CPU and motherboard combination. Still much cheaper than $1,600 for an i7-6950X on its own though :P
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

caledonianblues wrote:People do still of course have to factor in the fact that the Ryzen 7 is a new chipset. So that means a new motherboard on top of the price, and if people want CrossFire support then it needs to be the X370. I would budget around $750-800 USD for the CPU and motherboard combination. Still much cheaper than $1,600 for an i7-6950X on its own though :P
What is Crossfire, please?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote:What is Crossfire, please?
It's AMD's multi-GPU technology which allows you to use up to 4 GPUs together. The equivalent, although arguably not as good, as Nvidia's SLI.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

ASUS and MSI both have mobos with the B350 chipset which advertise support for Crossfire, just not SLI. Is that a misprint? I thought B350 wasn't supposed to have any multi-GPU support?

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”