Magic Duels

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
waiora
Outfitter

Magic Duels

Post by waiora »

Who plays and what decks do you enjoy? :D
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Magic Duels

Post by waiora »

New one releasing atm, seriously no one plays MTG ? :O

Havnt seen the new cards yet, hope they are as good as the last ones.
AdamPotts
Spotter

Post by AdamPotts »

I used to play a long time ago, revised edition time. Used to run a red/blue burn and counterspell deck when white weenie decks were all the rage.

Tried to play it online a few times but wasn't feeling it. Also tried Hearthstone, and that just seemed to dumbed down for me, I know there's a high level of player ability, but it wasn't for me.

I'm hardcore on Gwent at the moment, not sure how I'll feel after the Open Beta reset, but we'll see.

I don't even know how MTG is these days.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

AdamPotts wrote:I used to play a long time ago, revised edition time. Used to run a red/blue burn and counterspell deck when white weenie decks were all the rage.

Tried to play it online a few times but wasn't feeling it. Also tried Hearthstone, and that just seemed to dumbed down for me, I know there's a high level of player ability, but it wasn't for me.

I'm hardcore on Gwent at the moment, not sure how I'll feel after the Open Beta reset, but we'll see.

I don't even know how MTG is these days.
MTG has changed quite a lot since then, The one i mentioned is a free steam version. They made it free to promote it more since the release of heartstone etc. Its real good. Currently 1000+ free cards, fully custom deck building etc. And online match making.

Personally i havnt seen gwent and never played heartstone. Dont know im a bit against supporting blizzard for games other than Starcraft, their choices with WoW was shocking after investing so much time and money :D

The blue/red control decks are still very popular. Same with Sphinx's Tutelage http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... eid=398520

Im currently playing white/red agro humans and black/red madness with vamps. Found them most effective against the artifacts in the current meta.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”