Fishing Planet

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

don't miss latest news on steam. lot of cool stuff coming very soon (less than 1 year). boats, big lakes, night fishing, open sea.. i was about to give up, but the beginning of the year update, and all these news make me think the game has come to maturity. a french spot with carps and welsh catfish would be perfect
Ugly Pete
Tracker

Re: Fishing Planet

Post by Ugly Pete »

I'll keep an eye on it but it stopped being fun for me a while back. I think they'd need to really improve float fishing and bring in ledger fishing before they could do a proper Euro venue.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Until they have a free-roaming lake with a boat, I'll not take them seriously. Hunting games have had continuous improvement over the years, while fishing games have received graphical upgrades while continuing to decline in every other area. With today's technology, you should be able to have real-time MP fishing tournaments on a recreated real-life lake, with everybody driving boats to & from their destinations.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

from what i know these guys started from nothing. now they have around 20 devs, this is pretty good progress if you ask me
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

I just started this game, and I know even less about fishing than I do about hunting.. Any tips for a complete newbie? :p
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Ya mate, you just need to do one thing, search for KPShamino in youtube, he's the best source from the game you could get. In like 3 or 4 days, you will be high level. Enjoy.
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

PardalAlgarve wrote:Ya mate, you just need to do one thing, search for KPShamino in youtube, he's the best source from the game you could get. In like 3 or 4 days, you will be high level. Enjoy.
I'll definatly check that out, thanks a lot mate! :) Need something to break my cotw playing before I break my screen! :P
PardalAlgarve
Tracker

Post by PardalAlgarve »

Zaggidk wrote:
PardalAlgarve wrote:Ya mate, you just need to do one thing, search for KPShamino in youtube, he's the best source from the game you could get. In like 3 or 4 days, you will be high level. Enjoy.
I'll definatly check that out, thanks a lot mate! :) Need something to break my cotw playing before I break my screen! :P
I imagine that. That game is awful, forcing to play and recording + editing must be though.
Zaggidk
Tracker

Post by Zaggidk »

PardalAlgarve wrote:
Zaggidk wrote:
I imagine that. That game is awful, forcing to play and recording + editing must be though.
Let's just say there's a reason there isn't coming more than one or two videos out a week atm! :D
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Zaggidk wrote:I just started this game, and I know even less about fishing than I do about hunting.. Any tips for a complete newbie? :p
As mentioned above, Kp Shamino is great guy and his videos are awesome. Just keep in mind that some updates have significantly changed the game, so some older videos don't show actual situation. :)
and for the hints:
The most important piece of equipment is Your keepnet/stringer. it determines how much fish You sell = profit. always try to have the biggest net possible ATM.
Learn how to prepare the right combo - rod/reel/line.
Don't rush to next (higher level) lake. calculate daily fee, licence and travel costs vs. Your keepnet/stringer.
Don't buy every piece of gear available. YOu don't need it.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”