New Dirt Rally game. looks amazing.

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Re: New Dirt Rally game. looks amazing.

Post by Cartoon Head »

Oh no, you went an used the word 'simcade', I hate everything about that word, especially the derogotory way it is used, you even do it. I don't think anyone at CM said it was going to be more realistc than DR, certainly no one has said it is more realist than RBR, as you say it's a dirt sequel, it should be looked that way.

I have no wheel issues, I play mostly Rally X on Dirt 4 and other than being a bit easy it is pretty good.

Now I am no Dirt 4 nuthugger, I actually prefer Dirt rally and I play iRacing over all other racing games, Rallying is not my thing.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Cartoon Head wrote:Oh no, you went an used the word 'simcade', I hate everything about that word, especially the derogotory way it is used, you even do it. I don't think anyone at CM said it was going to be more realistc than DR, certainly no one has said it is more realist than RBR, as you say it's a dirt sequel, it should be looked that way.

I have no wheel issues, I play mostly Rally X on Dirt 4 and other than being a bit easy it is pretty good.

Now I am no Dirt 4 nuthugger, I actually prefer Dirt rally and I play iRacing over all other racing games, Rallying is not my thing.
For me simcade is not something bad at all. For sure there is some gamers that really don´t like the idea that they play games at an adult age and that gaming is non serious so they will jump down hard on anything that can´t be called simulating real life.

But there need to be something to distinguish them from pure arcade titles like outrun and Ridge racer. And Arcade also don´t mean anything bad to me at all either.

I knew what I was getting but some is having the idea it´s a follow up to Dirt Rally. I went a bit far calling Dirt 4 pure arcade though it´s simcade for sure. I am fine with the controls that bit feels better then Dirt rally however there is a steering aid or rather a physics aid that have magnetic rails on the road keeping the car in so it feels like I am not in control of the car in Dirt 4 which is a bit frustrating. I don´t mind doing big crashes if it´s my own fault :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Dirt 4 is different in many ways to Dirt rally. over all Dirt rally is the better game but there is some things which Dirt 4 for eg is better at like feeling the weight of the cars.in Dirt rally they are like aeroplanes.very light.Dirt 4 needs some tweaking but im sure the devs will fix this in new patches to come.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I love your Dirt 4 videos, Ron.
You proof that you are a good driver. ;)
Do you play the game with keyboard or steering wheel?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

wheel and pedals.sim set up.glad you liked the videos.i play many car games.dirt rally / dirt 4 / assetto corsa / rbr.

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”