What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
\m/
Outfitter

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Post by \m/ »

M2 has (if not with lowspeed cuz to high temp - often a issue with m2) nearly the same speed like my 4 corsair neutron xti 960gb ssds in raid 0. I prefer normal ssd raid, much more gb and zero (temp-) issues. M2 and usable lanes is another thing.

Beside the 4 corsair ssd, the main system has a wd hdd as backup and a blu-ray quad-layer burner installed.
Now offline. Forever.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

I feel like a kid again!
I have treated myself and in 3 days my new rig will be delivered:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K processor watercooled.
Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080
Memory: 32 GB
SSD: 512 GB

Can't wait!
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Manu5Ahau wrote:I feel like a kid again!

Can't wait!
Custom or prebuild watercooling solution? Cpu only, or with gpu watercooled? Which board?

Have fun with the new system!
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Can't wait!
Nice configuration :)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I run a

i7 4770K at 3,9 Ghz. Sadly it´s not a good overclocker this is what I can run 24/7 stable and be sure.
16 GB of DDR 3 ram.

It´s good for anything so far since I have not ventured into 4K resolutions yet. Some VR titles stresses it a bit though.

It don´t run the Hunter Classic perfectly smooth but Call of the Wild is much better and more consistent
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

\m/ wrote:

Can't wait!
Custom or prebuild watercooling solution? Cpu only, or with gpu watercooled? Which board?

Cpu is watercooled. It is a a prebuild system so for the board you have to wait till it gets here! I really did not look into what manufacturer board they have used but it is a Intel® Z170 Chipset.
Maybe that is stupid? does the manufacturer of the mobo influences the system alot?
I am bit of a non knowing entity on motherboards. I will install cpu-z and let you know. Can you explain/learn me something on motherboards? Then maybe i switch to another if the one that is in it is no good!?
3working days delivery. So hopefully tomorow i know more.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Manu5Ahau wrote:
\m/ wrote:

Can't wait!

Cpu is watercooled. It is a a prebuild system so for the board you have to wait till it gets here! I really did not look into what manufacturer board they have used but it is a Intel® Z170 Chipset.
Maybe that is stupid? does the manufacturer of the mobo influences the system alot?
I am bit of a non knowing entity on motherboards. I will install cpu-z and let you know. Can you explain/learn me something on motherboards? Then maybe i switch to another if the one that is in it is no good!?
From what I have learned Z170 chip is necessary for overclocking and you definitely have a cpu which can be overclocked up to 5,0 Ghz and even 5,2 in extreme cases (with water cooling and supervision of expert)(cpu-s with k are unlocked for overclocking, yours is 7700k) . It is better if it has A like Z170-A (something that has to do with better power circuit). The better version is Z270. B150 and B250 have enhanced security and are more suitable for business environment. These are the basics, there is a lot of other stuff.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
Manu5Ahau
Scout

Post by Manu5Ahau »

Ludante wrote:

From what I have learned Z170 chip is necessary for overclocking and you definitely have a cpu which can be overclocked up to 5,0 Ghz and even 5,2 in extreme cases (with water cooling and supervision of expert). It is better if it has A like Z170-A (something that has to do with better power circuit). The better version is Z270. B150 and B250 have enhanced security and are more suitable for business environment. These are the basics, there is a lot of other stuff.
There is XTU Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software included for overcloaking and they have a prebuild button that i can pusch to overcloak safely. But i don't think i will overcloak it a lot.
I am quite happy with 4.2 Ghz.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Manu5Ahau wrote:Cpu is watercooled. It is a a prebuild system so for the board you have to wait till it gets here! I really did not look into what manufacturer board they have used but it is a Intel® Z170 Chipset.
Z170 is really ok for you need - would be also my choice for oc at the moment, 270s chipset is overrated ..very often not clockable like 170s chipset. Your cpu has a unlocked multi, means with watercooling and manual fixed voltage settings it should be capable of running at 4600-4700mhz with low temperatures in 24/7. If you wanna go higher, try your luck but be careful ..if youre lucky you got one of a few chips of this generation which can run stable with low voltages (= low temperatures) under heavy load at 4700mhz+ in 24/7.
I prefer EVGA boards, but the oc-models can be a bit expensive - for normal usage with some oc nearly every brand is ok if the bios has basic oc-options.

Many rly stupid humans make the mistake to overclock the cpu to the max with auto-voltage or to high manual voltage. System is running first without any problems and after some time and under heavy load system-temps are up and/or the system isnt stable anymore in different scenarios.
You need a really good PSU (i would use a digital one) which can deliver exact constant voltages if you try to extreme oc.

To test if the hardware of a system is stable, my prefered method is using custom prime95 torture test over 24 hours (max cpu-load on all cores and max cpu-temps) ..if there is an error or temps going to high within these hours, system is not stable.
After a system is 24h prime stable i normally use 3 programs running at the same time for a few more hours. Prime + a GPU-burner (max gpu-temps/voltages during the endless test - i use a software from EVGA for this) + memtest windows version (endless test of the installed ram). With this method you can easily test at the same time your installed cpu-gpu-ram-psu and cooling solutions at max stress level - but you need to look at all system-temps while testing!! (a temp-alert software can be a little helper for the first hours)!
If a system can handle this torture without any error and with normal temps, you can call your hardware or the oc 24/7 stable. If my system crashs, i know it must be 99,9% software related.

Edit: a little hint .. deinstall XTU Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software. Stable oc with this tool?! must be luck!
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Manu5Ahau wrote:
Ludante wrote:

From what I have learned Z170 chip is necessary for overclocking and you definitely have a cpu which can be overclocked up to 5,0 Ghz and even 5,2 in extreme cases (with water cooling and supervision of expert). It is better if it has A like Z170-A (something that has to do with better power circuit). The better version is Z270. B150 and B250 have enhanced security and are more suitable for business environment. These are the basics, there is a lot of other stuff.
There is XTU Intel Extreme Tuning Utility software included for overcloaking and they have a prebuild button that i can pusch to overcloak safely. But i don't think i will overcloak it a lot.
I am quite happy with 4.2 Ghz.
If I am not mistaken 7700k has default turbo core up to 4.5 Ghz, therefore I think you have more than enough, especially if you set your system to high performance (in your power management), these 8 threads will work just fine, and with 1080 and 32GB RAM, SSD, you don`t need anything else right now. I am using i7 7700 up to 4.2 Ghz and I am quite satisfied with performance.

What is \m/ suggesting is quite cool but not for me at the moment. Perhaps one day if I start making videos with benchmarking :lol:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”