What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
User avatar
Manu5Ahau
Scout
Posts: 364
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 3:16 am

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Manu5Ahau » March 20th, 2017, 12:57 am

\m/ and Ludante,
Thx for the info. I will try the above and stick to the z170 chipset for now.
User avatar
Ludante
Outfitter
Posts: 1261
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Ludante » March 24th, 2017, 3:00 pm

This is my last update and hopefully for at least a year:
MSI H110M PRO-VH
i7 7700 4.2Ghz (normal cooler)
RAM 16GB 2133 Mhz
Zotac Mini GTX 1060 6GB RAM (I have small case and it fits fine)
SSD Crucial MX300 525GB

So far so good.
- COTW is still 45 FPS on Ultra and I am not satisfied with graphic details.
- BF1 constant 60FPS on Ultra,
- Arma 3 Exile 45-75FPS (most of the time 60FPS) on Ultra,
- theHunter as usual.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
YouTube Channel
User avatar
Ludante
Outfitter
Posts: 1261
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Ludante » April 14th, 2017, 5:49 pm

I have a question for some people who know about this stuff and it is about the laptop I just saw on the internet, it has really good performance, it is also quite expensive (I won`t buy it) but I am curious if these specifications can handle 4K with some new games at ultra, for ex. COTW?

ASUS ROG STRIX GL702VS-GB096R i7-7700HQ/32GB/SSD 512GB/HDD 1TB/17,3'UHD/GTX1070 8GB/W10Pro (90NB0DZ3-M01160)
cpu: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz) 6MB 4C/8T
os: Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)
lcd: 43,9 cm (17,3") UHD WV (3840x2160)
gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070, GDDR5 8GB ; VR-Ready; G-Sync
ram: 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (DRAM 2x16GB DDR4 2400MHz)
ssd: 512GB SSD PCIe Gen3x4 M.2
hdd: 1TB SATA3 (5400RPM)

Price is 2.656,10 €. Is it worth it for someone who wants high-end gaming laptop?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
YouTube Channel
User avatar
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter
Posts: 1389
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 4:53 pm
Location: Universe

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby JK_ElkHunter » April 15th, 2017, 1:27 am

Ludante wrote:I have a question for some people who know about this stuff and it is about the laptop I just saw on the internet, it has really good performance, it is also quite expensive (I won`t buy it) but I am curious if these specifications can handle 4K with some new games at ultra, for ex. COTW?



The laptop is really beefy but not enough to do 4k, I would be surprised if it ran COTW at 4k. It definitly could do TH:C but not any serious AAA games like GTA, The Witcher 3, GR: Wildlands, Doom (it might but on high settings not maxed).

If it's for a friend, I would highly suggest him of just getting or building a normal desktop, with that amount of money you could get a GTX 1080 Ti, and a 6800k and run 4k like butter.

EDIT: Why would someone want 32gb of ram on a laptop? lol
Spoiler:


Image
User avatar
Ludante
Outfitter
Posts: 1261
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Ludante » April 15th, 2017, 3:43 am

JK_ElkHunter wrote:
Ludante wrote:I have a question for some people who know about this stuff and it is about the laptop I just saw on the internet, it has really good performance, it is also quite expensive (I won`t buy it) but I am curious if these specifications can handle 4K with some new games at ultra, for ex. COTW?



The laptop is really beefy but not enough to do 4k, I would be surprised if it ran COTW at 4k. It definitly could do TH:C but not any serious AAA games like GTA, The Witcher 3, GR: Wildlands, Doom (it might but on high settings not maxed).

If it's for a friend, I would highly suggest him of just getting or building a normal desktop, with that amount of money you could get a GTX 1080 Ti, and a 6800k and run 4k like butter.

EDIT: Why would someone want 32gb of ram on a laptop? lol


I agree with everything you said, although I don`t know if the size of the screen is important in this case, for example is it easier for 1070 to handle 4K on 17" screen?
BTW 6800K prices dropped under the Ryzen 1800X in local online shop.

p.s. I am not asking for anyone, I just enjoy researching/learning this stuff.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
YouTube Channel
User avatar
caledonianblues
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8498
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby caledonianblues » April 15th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Screen size is irrelevant, it's just the resolution that has a bearing on performance. I agree with JK. For the same money you can build a much better desktop machine. I've had a few top spec gaming laptops. When away on business living in hotels, on holiday or when you just want to sit on the sofa and play they're fine, but they run super hot, they're noisy and the performance per dollar is never the same as a desktop counterpart.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
Ludante
Outfitter
Posts: 1261
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Ludante » April 15th, 2017, 6:36 pm

caledonianblues wrote:Screen size is irrelevant, it's just the resolution that has a bearing on performance. I agree with JK. For the same money you can build a much better desktop machine. I've had a few top spec gaming laptops. When away on business living in hotels, on holiday or when you just want to sit on the sofa and play they're fine, but they run super hot, they're noisy and the performance per dollar is never the same as a desktop counterpart.


Well I was always fascinated with idea that perhaps you could take your gaming machine in the backpack and take your games with you wherever you go, but from your replies I think the mobile technology is not still in that category especially with ridiculous prices..

Thanks for the feedback guys.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
YouTube Channel
User avatar
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter
Posts: 1389
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 4:53 pm
Location: Universe

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby JK_ElkHunter » April 16th, 2017, 10:32 am

Ludante wrote:
Well I was always fascinated with idea that perhaps you could take your gaming machine in the backpack and take your games with you wherever you go, but from your replies I think the mobile technology is not still in that category especially with ridiculous prices..




We're not quite there yet, but if you want something that can game and be small look up the Razer Blade. I was about to get that laptop and backed out because I preferred upgrading my pc.
Spoiler:


Image
User avatar
Ludante
Outfitter
Posts: 1261
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 12:59 pm

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Ludante » April 16th, 2017, 3:41 pm

JK_ElkHunter wrote:
Ludante wrote:
Well I was always fascinated with idea that perhaps you could take your gaming machine in the backpack and take your games with you wherever you go, but from your replies I think the mobile technology is not still in that category especially with ridiculous prices..




We're not quite there yet, but if you want something that can game and be small look up the Razer Blade. I was about to get that laptop and backed out because I preferred upgrading my pc.


The one that I prefer is around $4.500. So that`s it regarding the Razor.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
YouTube Channel
User avatar
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 6744
Joined: September 10th, 2013, 8:30 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Postby Fletchette » April 16th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Ludante wrote:
JK_ElkHunter wrote:
Ludante wrote:
Well I was always fascinated with idea that perhaps you could take your gaming machine in the backpack and take your games with you wherever you go, but from your replies I think the mobile technology is not still in that category especially with ridiculous prices..




We're not quite there yet, but if you want something that can game and be small look up the Razer Blade. I was about to get that laptop and backed out because I preferred upgrading my pc.


The one that I prefer is around $4.500. So that`s it regarding the Razor.

Here you go.....Acer Predator 21x

(2) GTX 1080's in SLI,
i7-7820HK
120 Hz screen (IPS) w/ Gsync
2,560x1,080 resolution
64GB Ram
(4) speaker (2) subwoofers
Mechanical keyboard uses Cherry MX switches and has an RGB LED under every key

All in a light-weight laptop (economical too)......JUST DO IT !!!!!

Personal Bests...
Image
Image

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest