What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: What Beast are you using to play The Hunter and Other games

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Made a video of my "Gaming Rig", sometimes it's fun to make videoes...

Happy Hunting,
PB

Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

IN REPLY TO \m/

You are probably right, I am not an expert obviously. I am monitoring MSI Command Center all the time and CPU temp never goes over 65C at 4,4GHz. I am using OC with GPU and it was good enough for some occasions but I got hungry and started to experiment with other games as well, such as ARMA 3 (CPU and SSD are very important), BF1, DayZ and it seems that these games need stronger CPU. Many reviews show good performance with better CPU-s.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Arma/Dayz are both from bi and they use both nearly the same engine, you are right for those games cpu performance is rly the most important part. If you play the arma series oc is not a bad idea.
(There are only a few games released where the cpu is the important part, for most games the gpu is important ..and there is still a bottleneck in your system. )

If you plan to use your oc 24/7 you should test your oc under max load of all cores while looking at the temps. There are also programs available with an temp-alert function ..useful while testing. I can see all system-temps f.e. at my g15 blue or at the case in realtime.
Now offline. Forever.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

\m/ wrote:Arma/Dayz are both from bi and they use both nearly the same engine, you are right for those games cpu performance is rly the most important part. If you play the arma series oc is not a bad idea.
(There are only a few games released where the cpu is the important part, for most games the gpu is important ..and there is still a bottleneck in your system. )

If you plan to use your oc 24/7 you should test your oc under max load of all cores while looking at the temps. There are also programs available with an temp-alert function ..useful while testing. I can see all system-temps f.e. at my g15 blue or at the case in realtime.
Sure, I could use some of those programs for alert, although I started using MSI Command Center which is quite handy, with couple of clicks you can OC your CPU for limited period of time and turn on some warnings (OC Genie works only for CPU 65W).

There is also possibility to set up dual graphics with A10 7850K R7 and GTX 1050 Ti but new crimson catalyst center doesn`t have dual graphics feature added yet. We will see, these things progress really fast.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
wombatvvv
Spotter

Post by wombatvvv »

I went a bit silly with mine, although it was a couple of years ago that I put it together.

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Windforce 3 OC 4GB
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K - 8 cores (+ hydro cooler)
RAM: 32GB CORSAIR DDR3 1600MHz
Sound: Soundblaster Z
Power Supply: Corsair 850W
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

I´m using this setup:

EVGA GeForce 780Ti Classified
Intel i74790K
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3, CL11 @2400 Mhz
2 x 500 GB Samsung Evo SSD (Games)
1 x 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD (OS)
1 x 1TB Samsung @7200 RPM (Data)
Case: Corsaid Obsidian 750D
Monitors: 2 x 27 inch Acer G276HL

I can play Battlefield 1 on High settings with 60FPS, same for Arma 3 and all other games I play. 8-) Can´t recommend enough to have a big case and SSD drives.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

EW_Stefan wrote: I can play Battlefield 1 on High settings with 60FPS, same for Arma 3 and all other games I play. 8-) Can´t recommend enough to have a big case and SSD drives.
Thats right, got ssd raid 0 since years ..way to much performance - but fun.

Arma sp or mp? High or ultra or maxed out? Should be with standard object/viewdistance (1600m) if im right, cuz with a 780ti on ultra/maxed out settings with viewdistance of 2000m+ in mp with many ai constant 60fps would be super awesome for the card. I know Evga-cards and boards are superb beasts, but that would be to fast hehe.

(Using an clocked i7 with ht enabled at ~5450 Mhz together with 2 watercooled oc'd evga gtx 1080 ftw and in some situations in mp the system cant handle 60 fps with maxed out settings and all viewdistances over 6000m.)
Now offline. Forever.
EW_Stefan
Scout

Post by EW_Stefan »

\m/ wrote:
EW_Stefan wrote:Arma sp or mp? High or ultra or maxed out? Should be with standard object/viewdistance (1600m) if im right, cuz with a 780ti on ultra/maxed out settings with viewdistance of 2000m+ in mp with many ai constant 60fps would be super awesome for the card.
MP in Epoch and Exile, the rendering distance is set to 1300 meters for the game mode by default. Not too sure about Wasteland where I set it to 2500 in the settings. In SP I can crank it up to 12k :D
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Ah ok, that explains it. Exile/Epoch/Wasteland doesnt have much AI (like I&A and other heavy mil-sim missions) and a short viewdistance :-). With many AI (and players) on the server Arma needs much more server-performance and client-performance - if the server runs like s.h.i.t. (with low server-fps) you cant get good clientside fps.
(With some admin-scripting in the client-missionfile viewdistance up to 12k is possible, even in Exile)
Now offline. Forever.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

\m/ wrote:Thats right, got ssd raid 0 since years ..way to much performance - but fun.
I got this m2-ssd directly on my motherboard, and at exact this moment it´s the only drive in my gaming rig...
No other hdd or dvd or cd drive attached either.... :)

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”