Questions.....

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Questions.....

Post by chewik »

outrider wrote:humm, no help, huh.....
it is hard to help, if we don't know what is the problem. Try click with middle mouse button, this puts scope on/off. maybe it will work.
but the best way is to use drag & drop in inventory. keep in mind, there are curently 3 versions of .270 rifle with 4 available scopes for them. but there also different scopes in the store, which are for other weapons. Try to watch some videos on YT, from Hoocairs, Ron or Zaggi.dk, they show inventory and its management in some videos.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

if you followed what i put and scope still doesnt attach maybe you just have a weird bug.try putting a different gun in that slot.remove the .270 then stick the gun back in.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i'v removed the .270 and scope from space #1. put the .243 and scope back in space #1. i put the .270 with scope in space #2. i even tried both the .270 Huntsmsn and .270 Stradivarus and the scope still would not attach.
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

outrider wrote:i'v removed the .270 and scope from space #1. put the .243 and scope back in space #1. i put the .270 with scope in space #2. i even tried both the .270 Huntsmsn and .270 Stradivarus and the scope still would not attach.
This is the (admittedly super awkward) process.

1. Buy from store.
2. Put into the backpack (same page where the store is)
3. Enter inventory, put the weapon into a number slot and then drag the scope to its scope slot.

If it does not show on the rifle just press the middle mouse key (the wheel). This way you can easily attach and remove the sights with one click.

Same process to enable highlighted iron sights when you have bought them.

The inventory process of Call of the Wild is the worst I have seen around. Hopefully this will work for you nevertheless.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

it seems i'm doing things right. i have had no problem with the .243 and scope, no problem with placing the ammo. no problem moving weapons from space to space. the only problem i'm having is attaching the scope to either of the .270. when i drag and drop the .270 scope in to the box, a white border lights up. but, when i bring up and aim the .270, there is no scope on it. i'v tried using the mouse wheel button, nothing happens.

i don't know if this means anything. but the 'tab' of the scope does not show a scope, it shows a faded picture of the weapon it's suppose to fit. i have long past the achievement to unlock the scope.

another, what seems to be a bug. "Harvest a Blacktail deer in the night". i have completed that task but it's still showing on the HM... do they have a bug report for the COTW ?

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There is a scope that will not fit the .270 that is for lever actions.

http://thehuntercotw.wikia.com/wiki/Fil ... _scope.jpg

But all others should fit.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

outrider wrote:another, what seems to be a bug. "Harvest a Blacktail deer in the night". i have completed that task but it's still showing on the HM
not sure about this particular mission, but some night missions were done only when the lamp was off. with light on, they still didn't count.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

chewik wrote:
outrider wrote:another, what seems to be a bug. "Harvest a Blacktail deer in the night". i have completed that task but it's still showing on the HM
not sure about this particular mission, but some night missions were done only when the lamp was off. with light on, they still didn't count.
thanks for the reply.....but, i got the message shown on the bottom right of the screen saying i had completed it...

is there anything stated any place that explains the XP and how to us or spend them ?

sorry for being a "pain".... :D

outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

HooCairs wrote:There is a scope that will not fit the .270 that is for lever actions.

http://thehuntercotw.wikia.com/wiki/Fil ... _scope.jpg

But all others should fit.
nope, don't have that one....i'm trying to mount the 'Tru-vision Trition model R270" scope..

chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

outrider wrote:i'm trying to mount the 'Tru-vision Trition model R270" scope..
This explains a lot. You are not mounting "scope = optics", but iluminated ironsights. So You can't see it, just in the night, pressing middle mouse button/mouse wheel.
according to xp, the general XP are required for gaining levels - unlocking new stuff in the store and obtaining skill or perk points. XP acquired by using specific weapon class will unlock new weapons, ammo or gear for that particular weapon category. You can see progress in the store, for general XP in codex - F1 button (default).

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”